P3D V4 ?

The place to discuss anything not relating to technical support.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

skipph1
P3D V4 ?

Post by skipph1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:45 am

Dave, Any thoughts on bringing any aircraft to V4 status? Skip

DBushell

Re: P3D V4 ?

Post by DBushell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Skip,

Aside from creating the installers, all of the aircraft should work in V4. The forthcoming A-12 is definite, and because all the others all use xml for gauges will all work in P3D V4 without issue.

At some point I will create the installers for the back catalogue. Probably after the A-12 is released.

Hope that helps.

David.

skipph1

Post by skipph1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Thank you Dave for the response. I have already loaded the B-58 into V4 and it works fine as far as I can tell. But I have seen threads that advise anyone to make sure the add on is compatible with P3D V4 otherwise you can start down a slippery slope. Plus in V4 there are shadows and other enhancements that have come about
that maybe need to be addressed by the SDK. I will trust you to tell everyone what is and is not compatible as I have no experience in that side of the sim world and only marvel at the talent you guys bring to the sim experience. Still love the B-58 no matter what sim and would never want to have to give up that plane because
of an incompatibility. Thanks again Dave and keep up the great work. Skip

Jetranger

Post by Jetranger » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

3/4/2019

This might be worth reading for those seriously interested in Lockheed Martin's Prepar 3D V4.4

Take time to read what appeared in PC Pilot Magazine by PMDG's CEO Robert Randazzo

LINK : https://pcpilot.keypublishing.com/2017/06/21/18774/

Few excerpts from the article :

PMDG’s Robert Randazzo Offers Advice on Prepar3D Version :

With that, I think it is important to have a brief discussion of basic survival skills- because our support team is beginning to see some really "wild stuff" taking place with Prepar3D v4- and nearly all of it is “user induced” !!!!!

We really want you to avoid these pitfalls so that you can enjoy the new, stable, smooth simulation "without" having to waste time sorting out “what screwed up my sim now?”

THINGS YOU MUST STOP AND CONSIDER:
Prepar3D v4 is stable. It is probably one of the more stable simulation releases we have seen in years.

Prepar3D v4 is "NOT" v3.

It is "NOT" FSX.

It is "NOT" FSX-SE.

With those things, considered- here are some rules to live by:

Do "NOT" install aircraft, scenery, utilities "into Prepar3D v4" that were "not designed" using the "Prepar3D v4 SDK". (Re-read that sentence it is important!)

Do "NOT" force Prepar3D v4 to "utilize" scenery that you "previously" had installed for Prepar3D v3, FSX, FSX-SE !!!

Do "NOT" use utilities designed to allow you to “unify” your installations by feeding "non-Prepar3D v4" scenery/utilities into Prepar3D v4.

The most important piece of knowledge you can have to maintain stability of Prepar3D v4 !!!

Before you install "ANYTHING" into "Prepar3D v4", you should take the time to "research" whether the "developer" merely adjusted their installer to account for Prepar3D v4, or whether the developer actually "took the time to re-export BOTH the code elements AND the model elements" of a product using the developer/SDK tools that were provided by Lockheed Martin for use with Prepar3D v4.

skipph1

Post by skipph1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks for the info jet ranger. I remember reading this article. Lately I have been flying Xplane 11 exclusively. I tried 10 and did not like it, but 11 is a whole new ballgame for me. I only fly P3D V4 for the GlowingHeat stable. Skip