Thank You David

The place to discuss anything not relating to technical support.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

skipph1
Thank You David

Post by skipph1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Recently I was reading my Smithsoniun November 2017 edition where the A-12 project is brought to light as to the development and subsequent deployment of this fantastic aircraft during the Vietnam War by the CIA. It is a very revealing article on the selection of the pilots and the impact of all of them on their families and what it took to get involved in this top secret program. The U2 and it's shortcomings were well know and the A-12 program was a totally new frontier for all involved. Just as the B-58 Hustler, another of your fabulous productions David, was developed in the same era, and which the Russians had no answer for during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis. Because of the B-58 , A-12 and subsequent SR-71 programs, we were able to win the cold war and establish a total tech advantage to which the Russians had to eventually to bow to. Thanks for bringing these relatively unknown heroes to the flight sim community. Skip https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayiyv809oekxq ... e.url?dl=0
Last edited by skipph1 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DBushell

Re: Thank You David

Post by DBushell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Skip,

Thank you for the kind words, I find the development of these aviation marvels fascinating. Its a shame that, in the case of the A-12, they are not more widely known but I guess that's the price you pay when you keep something so secret for such a long time.

Kind regards,

David.