Thoughts for future service pack release or patch

The forum for the forthcoming Lockheed A-12, Mach 3+ father of the SR-71, YF-12, M-21/D-21.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

LJToranaXU1
Thoughts for future service pack release or patch

Post by LJToranaXU1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:28 am

Hi,
I've been flying the A-12 a fair bit for the last week or so and have noticed a couple of further items that you may wish to address in a future service pack or patch.
I think the braking parachute is too effective with its current setting. Just my opinion but, at the moment, it's easily possible to land this aircraft on relatively short runways.
Don't know if this was the case in real life or not but would be surprised if it was. I've currently adjusted the spoiler drag in my airfile from 800 to 400 to achieve a longer landing roll.
Another very minor issue is the cockpit pressurisation schedule doesn't replicate the actual aircraft. The cockpit altitude at 85K ft is 15K ft I think it should read higher around 25K ft.
One request I have, is it possible to replicate the avionics switch in the VC? I note it is on the ECU popup panel only. Would it be possible to utilise the existing inverter switches modelled in the VC as the avionics switch?
Again thanks for creating this aircraft for FSX, its a blast to fly!

DBushell

Re: Thoughts for future service pack release or patch

Post by DBushell » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks for your feedback. I will certainly have a look at those items. Are you using P3D or FSX? Reason I ask is that it appears that P3D the spoiler drag seems more severe than FSX. Not verified but just an impression I got when testing.

David

DBushell

Post by DBushell » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 am

Just been having a look through the A-12 manual (the real one).

A normal performance landing roll assumes nose is lowered at 120 kias and the chute is assumed jettisoned at 60 kias.

An example taken from the manual shows:

Runway temp 86 degrees F
Fuel remaining 15,000 lbs

Approach at 175 kias
Landing at 155 kias
Landing roll with chute 4,100 ft, 8,500 without chute.

Will see what I can do!

LJToranaXU1

Post by LJToranaXU1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi David, I'm using FSX. Thanks, Ian.