Question / Suggestions

Have a technical question about the Lockheed A-12? Ask here!

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

jetpilot1980
Question / Suggestions

Post by jetpilot1980 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm

So a question I have I noticed on page 16 of the manual referencing the ECU panel the picture depicts start switches for the respective engines. Realizing that the real A-12 didn't have start switches, that was controlled by the ground crew operating the carts so this is a "sim-ism", however, in sim I do not have these start switches. Also I was wondering why the panel has structural and engine anti-ice switches, as well as an avionics master switch? This is very un-realistic as the only anti-icing the real A-12 had was windshield anti-icing and pitot heat, also like many real aircraft the avionics / radios were turned on and off individually. Is there anyway to get the start switches back and get rid of the anti-icing switches as well as get rid of that avionics master? (Reference the real A-12 Flight Manual) As a FYI I am running this in P3D v4.5 HF3...

Also if I might make some suggestions for future development...
1. Making a Tacpack version that uses the Tacpack tanker, TACAN, and ECM capabilities.
2. Perhaps making a configurator panel that allows for different pieces of equipment to be called up instead of automatically appearing with the parking break and perhaps click points on the exterior model to allow for some pieces of equipment to be called upon (I know Dino's A-4 for example you can click on certain exterior model areas to make the GPU appear or the ladders appear ect.) and for some more entertainment and realism once again get rid of the ECU panel start switches and replace those with clickable points on the start carts...
3. Making individual on / off / mode knobs for some of the radios / avionics
4. Actual drag chute programming similar to SSW's F-104 or SWS F-4 or the freeware Tu-144 project where the drag chute can only be used once per flight and gets "released" (disappears / unavailable) until the aircraft is refueled / repaired on the ground as opposed to the current development where it acts like an airbrake and use as much as you want...

Thanks for your time and attention!

In-Sim Image missing start switches.
A-12 In sim.JPG
A-12 In sim.JPG (90.53KiB)Viewed 4609 times

PDF Manual Image showing Start switches.
Attachments
PDF image A-12.JPG
PDF image A-12.JPG (76.64KiB)Viewed 4602 times
PDF image A-12.JPG
PDF image A-12.JPG (76.64KiB)Viewed 4609 times

DBushell

Re: Question / Suggestions

Post by DBushell » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. If and when I do another update for the A-12 - which will likely include PBR, I'll make those changes.

I will see if it's possible to incorporate some of these concepts into the new SR-71 model I'm making.

David.