Afterburner - effects

Got the FSX native B-58 Hustler? Ask questions here!

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

GoldWings
Afterburner - effects

Post by GoldWings » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:13 pm

David, I have flow your B-58 since Alphasim days, and it has always been one of my favorite aircraft. However it has always suffered from having unstable thrust during slower flight (try flying around a circuit without having constant decreasing or increasing speed). StormILN's changes have resolved that issue. But the visual afterburner effect still uses an N2 setting that results in the appearance of going into afterburner very early in the throttle range (as opposed to StormILN's FDE, which waits until 95% of throttle). I had a friend adapt an existing gauge so that the effect now corresponds to StormILN's FDE. So what's my problem? In order for the replacement afterburner gauge to work, the panel.cfg file / VCockpit01 / existing gauges 10, 11, 12 and 13 were remarked out - and the new afterburner effects gauge was specified in a new line 10. This works perfectly - except that I now have the Crew Entry Platform appearing with the B-58 at the end of the runway. Engines are working. The Crew Entry Platform will not disappear until the throttle (RPM) reaches a certain point. Will you please resolve this issue so that the visual afterburner (effect) does not come on until it matches StormILN's 95% throttle - and without the Crew Entry Platform appearing until engines are off. I would work on the last piece of the problem, but I don't understand how you have set up the appearance / disappearance of the Crew Entry Platform. Bill

DBushell

Re: Afterburner - effects

Post by DBushell » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:15 am

Will take a look tonight.

The visually modelled burner effects are stored in another gauge.

If you can tell me what percent Storms burner kicks in I will adjust the files for you. But for the sanity of the project I do not use third party mods on my releases to avoid confusion.

DBushell

Re: Afterburner - effects

Post by DBushell » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Bill,

The Gantry is set to only appear if Elevons are in depressurised state (drooped) and landing gear is down. It could be an erroneous character in the panel.cfg that is causing other gauges to malfunction.

I would suggest that you restore the original panel.cfg then modify the 4 individual burner gauges to reflect the modified air file and aircraft.cfg which StormILN would know what settings to use as I had no involvement with his mod.

I cannot really go further down the road of supporting someone else's mod. I can though, give you assistance with the parts of the project that you cannot see easily ie what criteria the gauges coded into the model use for certain events but I cannot support any 3rd party modifications that have been made to the aircraft.

David.