A few questions

Technical support queries for the FS9 version. Don't forget to Read the Manual included in this package before asking for advice.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

flibinite
A few questions

Post by flibinite » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Just bought this challenging bird a few weeks ago, a few tech questions:

- Like a prior poster, I cannot engage in mid-air refueling. My symptoms are the same as his. Any hope of getting this up and running?
- I cannot start the engines using the procedure in the manual. The engines spool up to about 12.5% RPM, then stay there. On the throttle pop-up panel, starter switch ToolTip tex constantly oscillates between On and Off. I am forced to Ctrl-E to get the engine to start. The only anomaly in the procedure I can see is that the fuel cutoff switches do not move when I click them - however, the ToolTip text does change from "cut" to "open."
On the right side console, there is a clickable switch with a ToolTip of "Turn on/off peripheral vision device." When I click it, a thin horizontal red line appears midway throughout the pilot's field of view, but I can't see this has any effect on vision. Can you tell me what this switch is for?

EDIT: My mistake, I should have posted this in the FSX forum, not FS9

DBushell

Re: A few questions

Post by DBushell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 pm

No worries. Apologies for the delay.

At this moment in time I do not have access to my PC, however please email me using the support form on http://www.glowingheat.co.uk and as soon as I'm back up and running I can forward on the fix for the air refuelling problem. I've identified the problem and can mail you the fix, I just didn't have enough time between packing to upload the fix to the shops before my PC was packed up.

With regard to the engine start sequence, I'm afraid that Ctrl E is the only option for the time being as FSX handles engine starter switches differently than FS9, and I've not been able to get my head round it yet.

The PVD device was invented in order to assist the pilot with high altitude night time flying since under a moonless sky it was difficult for the pilots to maintain enough spatial awareness in turns and could become disorientated easily mistaking the ground for the sky. In real life this device was mounted on the side of the canopy with a laser line which if my memory recalls was like a dashed line that shows the aircraft turning as if like a compass, and also the real life version indicated high AoA and too high bank by flashing, however this is a crude example that only keeps the pilot aware of the horizon line and amounts of bank/pitch.