FSX SR-71B - Problem With Fuel Gauge and CG Management

Technical support for the FSX version. Don't forget to check the manual included in the package first before seeking advice.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

lmeirose
FSX SR-71B - Problem With Fuel Gauge and CG Management

Post by lmeirose » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 am

Hello Glowingheat Aircraft Development Team,

First off, I just wanted to compliment you on a job well done with all of your aircraft! I have greatly enjoyed your SR-71, A-12, and B-58 equally well in FSX, and I really appreciate your help with every technical question I have had in the past. Thank you!!

I am reaching out to you again because I have been having some problems with fuel and CG management in the Glowingheat SR-71B Trainer Model for FSX. When I select the two forward fuel tanks (in MANUAL mode, moving the FWD dial up) on the fuel gauge to manage the CG, the forward tanks are selected and fuel is burned, but the CG needle moves FWD rather than AFT. Also, if I try to manually transfer the fuel forward or aft using the dial on the instrument panel, the operation performs the opposite task (i.e. "FWD" transfers fuel aft and vice versa).

I have tested the aft tank pair, nose and tail tanks, and they appear to function normally in that selecting and burning fuel from the aft and tail tanks moves the CG forward and the nose tank moves the CG aft, so the issue appears to be only affecting the forward tank pair. I will also note that the SR-71A model does not have this issue; only the B trainer version appears to be affected.

Is there anything I can do on my end? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and/or help you might have.

Thanks very much for your time and help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

-Leo

lmeirose

Re: FSX SR-71B - Problem With Fuel Gauge and CG Management

Post by lmeirose » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello Everyone:

Just a quick update: thanks to the timely assistance of David Bushell and Glowingheat, the issue has been solved. Here are the fixes:

For the fuel tank selection problem, replace the [fuel] section of the B model aircraft.cfg with the [fuel] section from the A model aircraft.cfg

For the VC and 2D fuel panel fuel transfer switch issues, navigate to the "model.b" folder (located in the "Glowingheat SR-17B 2011" aircraft directory under SimObjects->Airplanes), delete and replace the original "sr-71b_interior" .mdl file and replace it with the "sr-71a_interior" .mdl file from the "Glowingheat SR-71A 2011" folder (the "sr-71a_interior" .mdl file can be found in any of the SR-71A's "model.x" folders), making sure to rename it as "sr-71b_interior".

Hope that clears things up for everybody!