Missing afterburner effect.

Technical support for the FSX version. Don't forget to check the manual included in the package first before seeking advice.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

JonnyBoy
Missing afterburner effect.

Post by JonnyBoy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:22 am

I can't seem to get the afterburner effect to work. In the note for the model I cant find any reference to the texture folder that contains it. Not sure if that's what is causing the issue or not.

DBushell

Re: Missing afterburner effect.

Post by DBushell » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Have you tried re-installing the model?

The effects are in the Effects folder, and Textures in the Textures folder within it. If you see black squares, you're missing textures, if you're not seeing anything, that may indicate that neither are present. I'd suggest re-installing first.

David.

JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:41 am

I can see the effects in folder. Should I move them to the fsx effects folder or leave them with the plane? I tired reinstalling it twice but both times it failed to work in game until I moved them to the aircraft folder. I'll try it again though.

DBushell

Post by DBushell » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 pm

The effects should be put in the FSX folder, the installer should put them in the correct place.

Can you email support@glowingheat.co.uk with your order number, date of order and the name of the online shop you purchased it from and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

David.