Problem at start up the engines

Technical support for the FSX version. Don't forget to check the manual included in the package first before seeking advice.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

bostar
Problem at start up the engines

Post by bostar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello there!

I've just started to study the manual and checklist but I can't start the engines. The first problem is I don't know how I must turn on fuel suply to the engine 1 (step 7 on the checklist). I've checked the manual and almost every corner and button in the cockpit and panels but I don't find it :?

The second problem I suppose is consequence of the first one: after click start switch the engine's rpm stuck at 12% (maybe because it not receive fuel?). At the same time if I hover the mouse over the start switch, the tooltip is under a infinite loop changing his state from off to on.

At this stage the only way I've found to start the habu is using Ctrl+E but I would love to start this legendary bird follow the checklist.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

PD: BTW I'm using FSX Acceleration (spanish version).

DBushell

Re: Problem at start up the engines

Post by DBushell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Bostar,

I will look into those 2D starter switches.

In real life the Ctrl E scenario is more akin to what happened because the SR-71 did not have engine start switches, they were started by a ground start trolley (cart) with the pilot advancing throttles to idle to get fuel flowing. A shot of TEB then igniting the engine.

In FSX fuel supply is turned on by advancing the throttles slightly.

Regards

David.

bostar

Post by bostar » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks David.

I give you more clues, they may be help you to detect the bug:

It strange because if you start the engines with ctrl+E the switch seems to work correctly (if you hover the mouse there is no loop and the engine starts up correctly) But if you click it directly then the loop appears, the rpm get stuck, and even it's not possible shut down the switch.

if you need more tests, I will be glad to help you ;)

DBushell

Post by DBushell » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Will try to sort this out.

Thanks

David.

bostar

Post by bostar » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello David

Any news about the switches?