B-58 Throttle Question

Technical support for the FS9 version. Don't forget to Read the checklist before asking for advice.

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin

skipph
B-58 Throttle Question

Post by skipph » Tue May 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I originally bought the B-58 from AlphaSim for 2004 and all was well. Upon going to FSX, I did not want to leave my favorite airplane behind and no upgrade being available, I loaded successfully, the B- 58 into FSX. What was missing were a few side panels in the cockpit that appeared black but none of the panels were critical to the operation of the bomber. What I have had a problem with and only lately, is the throttle is lighting the ab's at abt 20 percent throttle. This leads to overspeed very quickly and makes landing and overall control a real problem. I have also observed that if I only load the original and not the pro enhancement config that I do not have this problem. Maybe this is a symtom of 2004 vs FSX, I really have no way of knowing and maybe you could shed some light on this for me? I have read another post on Simviation where a user of AlphaSim products descibed the same phenomenon but with another aircraft, not the B-58. I really love this model and if you were to do an upgrade, I would be instantly in line to purchase anything B-58. Tnx for reading, Skip Ciman

DBushell

Re: B-58 Throttle Question

Post by DBushell » Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Skip,

The Pro enhancement of the aircraft in FS9 included a more accurate throttle response, however with the usual gaming joysticks the throttle travel is so small it produces the effect you mention whereby the burner kicks in with only a little throttle input.

This is not a result of porting the aircraft. But it is something that hopefully will one day be adjusted in order to make it more pleasing to fly. The black panels resulting from porting into FSX cannot as far as I know be fixed since the VC uses a technique that worked pre-FSX. The aircraft was built for FS9 way before I had access to the FSX SDKs.

The new Hustler once finished will be much better on FPS not to mention will be totally native to FSX with all the extra eye candy that provides.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.