RAF Binbrook no AI Aircraft [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

portnoy
RAF Binbrook no AI Aircraft [Resolved]

Post by portnoy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Using FSX Steam and Win 8.1 I have no AI Aircraft. All sliders are set to max. Ground equipment on the ASP is shown.

mickeyd

Re: RAF Binbrook no AI Aircraft

Post by mickeyd » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Please supply your order number and vendor's name then we can answer your query.

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Order Number 26505 from Simshack.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 pm

The most likely reason for seeing no AI at Binbrook is the presence of an FS9 traffic file in another Addon scenery you may have installed. Binbrook FSX-SE has been fully checked out in Win 8.1 and there were no problems with the AI. Download AIFP2 from one of the Freeware sites and use it to check for and convert any FS9 traffic files it encounters.

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:30 am

Found the other aircraft thanks. Still no aircraft on the pan. Ran AIFP and got this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\Addon Scenery\RAF Binbrook FSX (SDB)\SCENERY\traffic_egxb.BGL Ran convert and got this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\Addon Scenery\RAF Binbrook FSX (SDB)\SCENERY\traffic_egxb_FSX.bgl. Hope this is of some help.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 am

Forgive me I was assuming that SimShack had updated our catalogue with the whole new set of Steam installers which are awaiting their attention. It seems this has not happened yet. So what have we got? Well if you had "traffic_egxb.BGL" in the Binbrook scenery folder and you appear to have downloaded the FSX version OK then SimShack have failed to update with a new installer which contained a traffic file converted to FSX format. ( I shall contact SimShack about this). This you now have thanks to AIFP2. If you have at least an AI TNG Lightning in circuit then the traffic file is OK and you should see aircraft on the pan with the sliders turned up. If you see no TNG then you still have an FS9 format file in an activated scenery folder. MAIW files are all FS9 and are the biggest culprit in this respect.

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Still no AI aircraft even after conversion. Got the ground equipment.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:44 pm

What other scenery do you have activated? Have you tried de-activating all other addon scenery EXCEPT Binbrook?

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:57 pm

No other scenery installed.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:44 am

I'll remove all scenery from my boxed FSX (original Microsoft) and FSX-SE on my Win 8.1 system and try both versions of RAF Binbrook. Stand by.