RAF Binbrook no AI Aircraft [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

fsafranek
Re: RAF Binbrook no AI Aircraft

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:16 am

I installed the RAF Binbrook Lightnings scenery in both boxed FSX-Acceleration and FSX-SE using the appropriate installer for each.

The attached image is from FSX-SE. At startup there was one Lightning in the air and 16 lined up around the hangers. Within moments three began to taxi out.
Scenery complexity was set for "Extremely Dense". Airline Traffic set at 100%. Everything else was around 20% or "Minimum". Time was 11:49 GMT. I got the exact same results in the boxed FSX.
RAF_Binbrook_FSX-SE.jpg
RAF_Binbrook_FSX-SE.jpg (142.76KiB)Viewed 6269 times

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Ok thanks. I am using FSX Steam.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 pm

FSX Steam is FSX Boxed with a few tweaks that's all. What works in one will work in the other. Have you actually got your Airline Traffic slider maximised? If you are new to FSX-SE you'll find that under.>Menu Bar< Options/Display/Traffic or from the start menu screen Settings/Customize/Traffic.

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Yes everything is set to max

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Do you see the #AI SDB EE Lightning_F6(Binbrook) folder in your SimObjects/Airplanes folder?

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Just reinstalled it. I can see the aircraft in the folder but on running AIFP 3 I get the following again C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\RAF Binbrook FSX (SDB)\SCENERY\traffic_egxb.BGL

On running validate Traffic files I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\RAF Binbrook FSX (SDB)\SCENERY\traffic_egxb.BGL

The following validation errors or other situations exist:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\FSX\ADDON SCENERY\RAF BINBROOK FSX (SDB)\SCENERY\TRAFFIC_EGXB.BGL

Flight Plan 19:
Leg 02: Leg duration too long. Flight unable to return within repeat period

I'll run some more checks and see what comes up

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 pm

No more errors found on the aircraft

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Don't worry about Flight plan 19. It's the way it was setup. It works OK. I'm attaching a current traffic file from the FSX-SE package.
Attachments
Traffic file.rar
(885Bytes)Downloaded 229 times

portnoy

Post by portnoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:42 pm

After many attempts I finally got the scenery to load. It's now working perfectly. Just a couple of points I don't remember there being so many trees and you forgot to put in the line huts! Many thanks for your help, I' learned quite a lot about scenery and AI

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:00 am

You might see a lot of trees if you went straight from scenery activation to the flying in scenery and didn't get out of FSX first. Leaving the game and coming back in will rebuild all of the scenery databases properly.

As far as missing huts perhaps Michael made the scenery more scalable. If you have "Scenery Complexity" set to "Extremely Dense" you'll see everything possible. If you scale it back some buildings will go away to increase frame rates. Perhaps that is where the huts went.

Another possibility is that we did reposition some rows of house that were accidently out of position in an earlier version. They were moved from near the taxiway track to behind the big hanger area.