Another Enterprise Question [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

hardlucksam
Another Enterprise Question [Closed]

Post by hardlucksam » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I load CVN-65 Yankee Station. Go to vehicles and select Boeing T-45C. Go to Cockpit selection and select Cockpit. I go to Views, Instrument Panel and select TACAN RFN gauge. When it loads, no distance or VOR loads. There is no carrier. But yet you see the top of the screen showing a green line and something about the Enterprise 88-89. The TACAN works perfect in FSX.

My second question is about the FA-18. What is used to guide the aircraft to the carrier? Do you have to download something or what?
Attachments
P3D T-45C Cockpit.jpg
P3D T-45C Cockpit.jpg (214.87KiB)Viewed 7591 times

mickeyd

Re: Another Enterprise Question

Post by mickeyd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:37 pm

In order to help you we first of all need your order number and point of purchase info.

hardlucksam

Post by hardlucksam » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Purchased from: Simshack. Order Number: 25752 Date: 04/26/2015.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Have put your query to our carrier guy but as we all live on opposite sides of the world and have lives outside of the game it may be a day or two before he can get back to you.
Please be patient. :)
In the meantime please read the posts re. the Enterprise on our forum. The answer you seek may be found there.

hardlucksam

Post by hardlucksam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 pm

I understand. Really appreciate your reply.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi Sam. I'm the one who will be looking into this for you.

So you're using P3Dv2 here and based on the frequency you have dialed in you are not using the RFN gauge provided in the Enterprise package but a newer version from the RFN site. Do you have both versions installed in the panel.cfg file of the T-45C? I was asking Sylvain Parouty about it this morning before replying and he didn't think it would work well to have both installed in the same aircraft. So that's one thing to check.

I already started but I need to do some further testing on the two gauges here before I offer any further suggestions on that.

When the carrier first loads using one of the included flights, like Yankee Station, it is 10 miles away. So it might be little more than a spec on the horizon. A moving object in a saved flight file can be strange at times. Sometimes the carrier will be out of position (to the side or behind you) and you have to restart the flight or change the game time and try again. Have you been able to see and find the carrier in other flights? And, if you have it installed (and I highly recommend it) have you been able to position the carrier in front of you manually using AI Carriers? (See Appendix A in the manual).

What FA-18 are you referring to?

hardlucksam

Post by hardlucksam » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Sir, I think you have already solved the problem. I am using the RFN gauge for FSX. I have been reading some forums and very recently discovered the built in TACAN in P3D. If I understand correctly, it's about $50.00. Then there is something called a superbug which cost more. That is a pretty good hit on retirement pay. I was just wanting to land on the carrier. Have a lot to consider before investing more into into Enterprise. Many thanks for your time and help from both of you guys.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:02 pm

The FA-18E SuperBug is put out by VRS ( http://vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm ). It is quite complex. There is a pretty adequate FA-18 included by default with FSX-Acceleration (and FSX-Steam Edition) and there have been several repaints of the textures to make it more accurate looking. There is a whole world of freeware Navy aircraft available as well. Like the T-45C.

Please try the other flights to make sure the carrier is appearing for you and look into the AI Carriers program ( http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/aicarriers2r2.zip ) mentioned above and in the Enterprise manual. It is free and allows you to place any boat 1, 5, or 10 miles in front of you. You can instruct them to move forward as well as turn. Well worth having.

hardlucksam

Post by hardlucksam » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you so much for making the suggestion of AI Carriers. Do you need to download the setup for P3D, or does the FSX work in P3D? Again, thanks.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:45 pm

hardlucksam wrote:Thank you so much for making the suggestion of AI Carriers. Do you need to download the setup for P3D, or does the FSX work in P3D? Again, thanks.
There is only one version of AI Carriers and it will work in both FSX and P3D. See Appendix A of the Enterprise user manual for setup instructions. Consult the P3D specific manual (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31) for the slight change in file locations.