Gauge problem in F14 with CVN-65 installed [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

doering
Gauge problem in F14 with CVN-65 installed [Resolved]

Post by doering » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Purchased and installed the Big E last night (FlightSim store Order #FSS0396616). Did all the manual configs for the advanced features. When I opened Dino's Grumman F14 the panel was missing gauges. When I removed the gauge lines (Gauge lines 81-84) from the the first Vcockpit section in the panel config, the panel was back to normal and corrected.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

fsafranek

Re: Gauge problem in F14 with CVN-65 installed

Post by fsafranek » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:38 pm

I don't have the F-14 from Dino but you might check the gauge numbering in the panel.cfg file. If there are already gauges numbered 81-84 in the first Vcockpit section then that could cause a conflict that could result in some gauges not showing. If that is the case renumber the lines of the RFN gauge section. Also if there is a huge gap in numbering that might also be a factor. Perhaps renumber the RFN gauge lines to follow Dino's gauge numbers in sequence.

Another thing you might try is using the latest version of the RFN gauge. When the Enterprise was released it included a pre-release of version 3.0 of the gauge set. The current version is 4.1. You might try leaving out the included gauge version completely and use the latest from RFN. Here is the link to the gauge:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RF ... ns.htm#Gau

Please note that the assigned frequencies of the latest gauge are different than those in the Enterprise package. This is due to adding more carriers and air bases to the gauge database. Rather than 115.00, 115.50, 116.00 and 116.50 in the Team SDB package the Enterprise is assigned to 115.00, 115.05, 115.10, and 115.15 in RFN gauge v4.1.

Please try at least the first suggestion and let us know how if that works (also let us know what version of FSX or P3D you are using). The package was designed to work with the default aircraft. Although it was tested with various third party aircraft, including Dino's T-45, we can't test against everything and therefore don't claim it works with everything. But we will work to help you solve this to the best of out abilities.

doering

Post by doering » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Numbering them in sequence did the trick! Thanks!

One other quick question: when I landed on the carrier and stopped the plane, there seems to be a constant slight shaking of the carrier when zooming in. Is this normal?

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:17 pm

doering wrote:Numbering them in sequence did the trick! Thanks!
Excellent. Glad that fixed it.
doering wrote:One other quick question: when I landed on the carrier and stopped the plane, there seems to be a constant slight shaking of the carrier when zooming in. Is this normal?
I would say no. I don't recall seeing that. Does it happen on any other carriers you have when landing the same aircraft?

doering

Post by doering » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:25 pm

doering wrote:One other quick question: when I landed on the carrier and stopped the plane, there seems to be a constant slight shaking of the carrier when zooming in. Is this normal?
fsafranek wrote:I would say no. I don't recall seeing that. Does it happen on any other carriers you have when landing the same aircraft?
This is my first carrier. I'll let you know when I land on another.

doering

Post by doering » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

fsafranek wrote:I would say no. I don't recall seeing that. Does it happen on any other carriers you have when landing the same aircraft?
doering wrote:This is my first carrier. I'll let you know when I land on another.
Problem solved by not having FPS set to unlimited! Just dial FPS back a bit and the shaking is gone.