Uss Enterprise [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

wardog6989
Uss Enterprise [Resolved]

Post by wardog6989 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm

I have purchased and installed and installed AICarriers. I have done everything read and reread the manual. When flying in FSX steam edition can not find the carrier. It is frustrating after purchasing and all the installation one has to go through not to mention its not easy. It would be nice if you came up with a way for it to be easier since it cost so much. Until then I need to know what I need to do to get a refund. Thank you

fsafranek

Re: Uss Enterprise

Post by fsafranek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Have you activated the East Coast and West Coast sceneries in Scenery Library? (See page 3 of the manual.) Once that is done you should be able to locate the carrier (10 miles ahead) by loading one of the saved flights. The traffic routes used by the ship for these flights are essentially scenery so they do need to be activated like all scenery. The ship itself is a SimObject so it needs no activation.

For AICarriers did you copy the "CVN65_Enterprise.cfg" file to the "conf.d" folder of the AICarrier installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files\AICarriers). The "CVN65_Enterprise.cfg" file can be found in the "Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Boats\CVN65_Enterprise\AICarrier" folder. (See Appendix A, page 27 of the manual). This is not automatically installed for you because AICarriers is not a part of FSX-SE but is a third party option that not everyone uses.

wardog6989

Post by wardog6989 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Thank you. I have lost sleep trying to figure out how to use the carrier. I didn't realize I had to load a flight. Now I would like to know if it can be used in free flight?
Thank you again for your help

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:52 am

Yes, you can use the carrier in free flight.

Activating the East and West Coast sceneries (page 3) will put the carrier out there to be found when you are in that area. Because the ship traffic routes are a hundred miles or so from shore the flights we have included will put you in a better position to find the ship. But you can certainly find them on your own using the images in the manual on pages 15-23. Each shows the route the ship will take as well as giving you a heading and approximate distance from a default airfield on shore. It's basic dead reckoning navigation but it does work and it's pretty satisfying to look out and find the ship. (It is easier to find the ship in Spot View than looking out the cockpit.)

You can also place the ship 1, 5, or 10 miles in front of you using the AICarriers program (see Appendix A). And you can simulate onboard ship navigation aids using the RFN TACAN gauge described in Appendix B. The newest version of that gauge will also position you on the deck of the ship so you don't even have to locate it to start a flight. These are all free programs and can obviously be used for other Boats in your collection.

wardog6989

Post by wardog6989 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 am

Thank you for your help