Bien Hoa X [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

WarHorse47
Bien Hoa X [Closed]

Post by WarHorse47 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm

I've encountered an issue with the ATC/Ground Control with Bien Hoa X. Here is what I'm experiencing.

I setup my free flight from one of the ramp combat parking spots. After startup, I contact the tower for permission to taxi. The problem is that I am not getting any text for the ATC box, nor hearing the tower response - but I do get the option to acknowledge the tower and turn on the progressive taxi arrows.

On one flight I took off from the field, did some flying and attempted to return only to not be able to contact the tower. I called up the airport list, and Bien Hoa was not listed.

I have since reinstalled the scenery, and continue to experience the problem with contacting the tower.

I have Bien Hoa for FS9 and both scenery packages contain all the buildings, static objects and ai aircraft. Only problem is with the Bien Hoa X install. Not sure if any of the bgl files are interchangeable between FS9 and FSX.

Thanks

--WH

fsafranek

Re: Bien Hoa X

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Tom,

I got your forwarded email. You and I are probably in the same time zone but MickeyD in the UK tends to monitor the gmail account. So there can be half a day before we are both in synch on an issue and then the time to check it out on top of that in the evening. And sadly no automated email response so you don't know where we are in the process. I happen to be home today so I'll check it out for you rather than tonight or the weekend.

Your email mentioned that you bought it in May. Is this a reinstall or re-download and if so did it work previously?

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:44 pm

It was one of the first SDB sceneries I purchased for FSX.

I purchased your Bien Hoa X from FSPilotShop on May 13, 2013 – order #486238. Not sure if the download might be corrupt. I could re-download, but they want a $5 charge to reinstate.

Originally, I did not pay attention to the missing radio calls, but yes its been an issue since purchase. Great background for the MV F-4 Phantom II.

I have several other SDB packages for FSX and FS9, and this is the only issue I've encountered. I flew Alconbury this morning without any communication issues, for example.

--WH

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi. Still looking into it.

I'm finding with the version that used the FSX-SE installer (released sometime in June or early July) that I am losing ATC after they talk to an AI. But then it came back after a while. I was always able to see the airbase listed under nearby airports.

With the version prior to Steam, all is much better until I land and change to the ground frequency. They I can speak but I can't hear them and I can't see their text either. As soon as I park (even though I can't hear them I can use progressive taxi to find my spot). At that point it I initiate an new conversation/flight I can see and hear them again.

All very strange. Still digging.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:15 am

Yep. Sounds like what I'm experiencing in FSX.

--WH

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Still looking. It works fine everywhere else. But getting this with an older (not recently recompiled) version.

Probably not the culprit but have a look in your FSX.CFG file under the ATC section. There is other stuff in that
section but make sure these two values are "1" for "Yes".

Code: Select all

[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
UsePilotVoice=1

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 am

No problem with the [ATC] entries.

Keep in mind that I also have other addon sceneries from SDB, SOH freeware, and Mile High Simulations and have no problem with ground control.

My guess is that it is one particular *.bgl file generating the issue, but am not sure which one. Since I acquired the Bien Hoa X some time ago, I could re-download from FSPilotShop but it would cost me another $5.00 to renew the download link.

--WH

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:33 am

Don't redownload. We'll get you a copy. Just need to figure out why this is happening here and no where else.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 am

Sent you a PM.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks. Just tried fix, but still no joy.

There is no text or sound with Ground for either taxi for takeoff or taxi to park. Progressive taxi works fine as does communication with Tower. Bizarre, very bizarre.

--WH