Upper Heyford arrestor cable problem [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

troye
Upper Heyford arrestor cable problem [Resolved]

Post by troye » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 am

Hi there, I am a big fan of the F-111 and recently purchased RAF Upper Heyford. It is absolutely brilliant and I'm really enjoying almost everything about it. However, i do have a small problem with what appears to be arrestor cables at the ends of the runway. Running over them on take-off is not a problem, but sometimes when I land on or near them it causes an instant crash. I have also tried with carrier aircraft to catch them with the arrestor hook, but it just causes a crash, despite the most cautious of landings! What is the purpose of those cables in the sim and is there a way to remove or disable them?

mickeyd

Re: Upper Heyford arrestor cable problem

Post by mickeyd » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:11 pm

The arrestor cables are purely visual but inadvertently crash detection was left ENABLED, This has now been rectified and a new installer will be uploaded to the vendors. But I don't expect it it to be in the store until tomorrorow Monday 17 Aug. Give them time to update the files then re download. In the meantime disable crash detect?

Edit:If you PM me with your O/N and vendor plus an email address I can send the update file to you.

troye

Post by troye » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks mickeyd, i look forward to flying uninhibited around Upper Heyford. I'd love to PM you with what i assume are my purchase details (O/N ?) but it looks like i'm not authorised to send private messages (it says something about not having contributed enough - seriously!?). Will just have to wait a day or two and re-download i guess.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

The updated installer has been uploaded and is in the store so a re-download should receive it.

troye

Post by troye » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks a lot, seems to work fine now - no more crashes.

Please do more of these thematic airfields, perhaps something for the Vulcan, EE Lightning or Harrier?

troye

Post by troye » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:12 am

Correction, i just saw you have RAF Binbrook for EE Lightnings. I got it and it is another great product!

Now what about an historical airfield for Harriers, taking off and landing vertically - not sure if that is possible for AI in FSX?

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Not possible to make AI do that. They all behave like normal fixed winged a/c including helicopters ie. the do a take off run. No plans for a Harrier base in the near future.