USAF Airfeilds v2 FSX missing roof textures [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

KM7276
USAF Airfeilds v2 FSX missing roof textures [Resolved]

Post by KM7276 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:30 am

Greetings,

I recently purchased your USAF Airfields v2 from the FSpilotshop and upon install and load have discovered that the last three sets of hangers on the east end of the runway at Ellsworth AFB in SD are missing the roof textures entirely.

The hangers on the west end are rendered perfectly however the east is not.

Attached is a picture of the offending roofless hangers

Can this be fixed and where can the patch be found

Thanks
Attachments
2015-8-26_21-13-53-632.jpg
2015-8-26_21-13-53-632.jpg (64.43KiB)Viewed 6983 times

mickeyd

Re: USAF Airfeilds v2 FSX missing roof textures

Post by mickeyd » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:37 pm

If you post your order number here then we can look into it for you.

KM7276

Post by KM7276 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:22 pm

FSPILOTSHOP.COM

Order #702778 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 17 August, 2015 Order Total: $14.50

Products
1 x Team SDB - US Airfields vol. 2 X
- Delivery Option: Instant Download
For technical support with this product, please contact Team SDB.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:45 pm

We're looking into this.

Have reinstalled Ellsworth from USAF Vol 2 here into both FSX-Acceleration and FSX-SE and things look fine.

What version are you using and what operating system?

Have you tried downloading again and reinstalling?

KM7276

Post by KM7276 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:44 pm

using FSX Acelleration on a windows 8.1 3.75 Ghz system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now with similar results..... so unsure of what could be the issue

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:27 pm

I've asked MickeyD to have a look into this.

On a side note, that looks like the Virtavia B-1B in the foreground of your image. I haven't been able to run it on my Win 8.1 system. Can you tell me how you got it to work (PM me if you prefer). 8-)

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 pm

I have experienced this when I have used Instant Scenery.( I have mistrusted IS for many years). Do you perhaps have IS3 installed? If you have try opening one of the Ellsworth scenery bgls with IS3. If all reappear then you have found the culprit.

Edit: Here's what you should be seeing at Ellsworth. Compared to your view not only are the roofs missing but the background is all wrong and you're missing a flatten polygon. Did you allow the installer to do it's job or did you move files into FSX from a temporary location? The other possibility is that you got the wrong installer from the store. ie. the FS9 installer.

[img]
elswth.jpg
elswth.jpg (129.79KiB)Viewed 6944 times
[/img]

KM7276

Post by KM7276 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

To your question about the Virtavia B-1B.... I just installed the FSX version I bought from the FSpilotshop an did the normal install an it works fine... I have done several repaints for this bird to closer represent Ellsworth with both squadrons still active there.

As to the install it was done via your installer, I did not use a temp location. The background is due to having to use a corrected elevation within the ORBX vector with the ORBX World scenery since its landclass shows through your scenery as is. With the corrected elevation it drops it almost 60 ft down so using this scenery I have to make due. On a side note I had to also drop your scenery down that far using ADE 9x since the traffic still used the original elevations.

I currently don't have IS3 so I wouldn't be able to do a correction or a reload, so that option is unusable on my system.

I also have the freeware scenery for this AFB from John Stinstrom which is still in FS9 setup, I is a bit more accurate then the Team SBD version with the hangers, operations buildings, and building color schemes. However with the FS9 trees, fences, and the Sbuilder background its quite unusable in its current form without a major rebuild on my end. The background poly is rotated, blocky, and a big black bar from where the edges of the screenshot for the background show through.

But back to the original question, unedited and installed from its standard installer I received the hangers on the east end are roofless and begging for help.
Ellsworth AFB flightline is almost in my backyard so have gotten to know it intimately both on and off the base.

Another note, ADE 9x is so simple to use and seems to mesh well with almost every scenery I have installed.... I am surprised your using Instant Scenery!!

I really appreciate the help with this problem and hope to see it resolved so I can enjoy what you have created!!

Scenery Tinkerer/Aircraft Repainter
Kevin

P.S. The C130's you have in the traffic file leave me confused, they never had any stationed there and the occasional flight in and out from that model are quite infrequent. To more accurately add in more accurate traffic perhaps the B-52's from Minot AFB would be better since they spent almost a year there while their runway was being resurfaced. Or perhaps the KC-135's that were stationed there in the 90's before they were sent to Mountain Home AFB. Just a thought to chew on from a casual observation!! Cheers!!

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 pm

I actually use ADEX Pro with a commercial license and have done since Jon Masterson released it. IS3 is for amateurs and can't be used for payware. Ellsworth is an early scenery originally designed with ASD and reworked with ADEX. OrbX may well be the culprit, our scenery is guaranteed to work with "out of the box" FSX we can't accomodate all the addon photo scenery in the world. OrbX don't guarantee their stuff to work with ours. Their mesh messes with the default mesh. Hence your problems wih elevation. Disable OrbX and try Ellsworth "as installed" straight out of the tin. If you feel the need to adjust and rework it with ADE9 then I'm afraid from that point on we can't help you further.