Enterprise Saved Free Flight Issue and Launching Issue [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

honeycool75
Enterprise Saved Free Flight Issue and Launching Issue [Closed]

Post by honeycool75 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi,

Issue #1

I landed successfully on the deck. I shutdown the engines and saved the flight for the convenience of carrier take off.

I loaded the saved flight and found my plane falling into the sea!!!!

Issue #2

I attempted catapult take off. Pressed Shift + U and Shift + I. Increased power and appeared that the FSX hold bar does not hold my plane from moving forward!!!! I retested using the default FSX carrier without issues.

Requesting for assistance.

Steven

fsafranek

Re: Enterprise Saved Free Flight Issue and Launching Issue

Post by fsafranek » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:44 pm

In situation #1, it is not possible to start a Saved Flight from a moving carrier. Otherwise we would have made all of the included Saved Flights that way rather than having to land first.

As an option you might look into the latest version of the RFN_TACAN gauge. A pre-release version of 3.0 was used in the Enterprise package Advanced features but it is now up to v4.2 which includes the ability to place your aircraft in up to four positions on the deck. Please note that it now uses some different files so you shouldn't include both the latest from RFN and those in the Enterprise package in the same "panel.cfg" file. Also, as more ships have been added the frequencies have been moved around so those published in the Enterprise user manual will not all apply to the latest RFN gauge.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RF ... ns.htm#Gau if interested.

In situation #2, what aircraft are you using? If we have it I will try to duplicate. I fly onto and off the Enterprise a couple times a week in FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D with various aircraft and have no issues so knowing that bit of info might help. If you are using the Advanced features it shouldn't happen. So let me know what aircraft this is happening with.

--------------------

Most imporatant, in the meantime before I try anything where did you buy the package and what was your order number.

honeycool75

Post by honeycool75 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:40 am

Hi,

I bought from SimShack.net store with order # 27944 dated 27 Sep 2015. Did I receive the latest copy?

Steven

honeycool75

Post by honeycool75 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi,

Alright, I am using this freeware F-8 Crusader from: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... -crusader/

I gave it another shot on the Enterprise deck and the holdback bar still doesn't hold the plane after pressing Shift + U and Shift + I. The plane will move forward when applied enough power.

Then I used this same plane on the default FSX acceleration carrier and repeat the above. The holdbar works just fine.

What do you think? What is the difference between the Enterprise's holdback bar (launch assistance) and the default FSX acceleration carrier?

Hope you're able to assist.

Steven

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:27 am

I downloaded the aircraft. I already had a copy from when we originally made it at Alphasim but wanted to make sure I had the same updated flight model included in this package. This test was done using the default features (not Advanced) of the carrier package since they are the same as a default FSX Acceleration (Gold) carrier.

Landing was no problem. Just have to remember that the engines spool up much slower than a more modern aircraft.

For takeoff I had no problem. And this may be why. Since this aircraft has no launch arm it is not necessary to use the Shift + U command to lower the arm. Skipping that and going straight to Shift + I raised the jet blast shield, made the shooter appear, and better positioned the aircraft over the launch shuttle. I was able to slowly bring the engine up to full power and the holdback held her in place. She wanted to go but she was not creeping forward. Shift + spacebar and she was headed down the deck.

So I did everything by the book (page 30) except I skipped step #2.

Give that a try. There's really nothing that can be done to the ship.

honeycool75

Post by honeycool75 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 am

Hi,

I actually repeated those same steps as you have mentioned, Shift + I to lock on the holdback bar after sending you the link to the plane. Unfortunately, that situation remains unchanged for me.

However, if I would temporary switched from the Alpha F-8 (before Shift + I) to the default FSX A F-18 and immediately switched back to the Alpha F-8, Shift + I, the issue was gone. Meaning, from now on the holdback bar actually holds the Alpha F-8 just fine even I throttled up till afterburners! This is just real strange.....

Steven

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Now that you mention it I did land and launch the FSX F-18 first before the F-8. But I also closed down FSX before installing the F-8.

In any case, strange as it is, any fault lies with the aircraft. Like our scenery we made the Enterprise to be compatible with default FSX. There are too many add-ons out there both for scenery enhancement and naval aircraft to work perfectly with them all.