can't see the carrier in free flight and missions [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

jjpamhawk
Re: can't see the carrier in free flight and missions

Post by jjpamhawk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:06 pm

I am running P3D V3.4.22.19868 on a Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have Not installed AI Carriers. I did the Scenery Activation pre page 3 of the USS Enterprise P3D User Manual. Page 3 does Not mention Windows 10 procedure. Is there a Windows 10 Procedure? Even though I am running Windows 10, I attempted to do the 'Scenery Activation in Windows7 64 bit' (Page 3) here is the problem; I do what is stated in step 1 and 2 up to 'OK'. But step 3 "...LEFT click on any blank space inside the folder" Left click in Which folder ? should I sill be in the Scenery Library with P3D running. What I see is the Scenery Library and the Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast and West Coast are Enable checked, where is the blank space to click? Thank you for helping. J

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

One of us on the team is running Win 10 also and he reports back that the activation method is the same as that for Win 7 and 8.
A while ago I put a thread up with images showing how to do it step by step (linked below). I've just updated it to reflect Win 10 as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86

jjpamhawk

Post by jjpamhawk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:01 am

I got to number 5. and click OK and it acts like its added to the Senery as it should Team SDB USS Enterprise_East and Team SDB Uss Enterprise_West Coast are both in the Scenery list. Like I should be finished. When I goto Step 6 and highlight by clicking on Team SDB USS Enterprise_East OR Team USS Enterprise_West Coast My Only Selections are OK or Cancel or Make New Folder. There is no way to click on the empty space in the folder. Unless I open a sperate File Explorer. Are we missing a step 6B which would be to Right Click and Highlight Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast and Copy Then goto File Explore and Paste the Team SDB USS Enterprise East Coast in the Scenery file? Please advise, Thank you, J

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 am

OK, stepping back a couple posts. You said you were looking at page 3 of the P3D manual. I'm looking at the same thing. At the top of the page it should say "P3D User Manual". Does it say something else? And at the bottom of the page what is the 2013 Copyright date?

When you said,
"But step 3 "...LEFT click on any blank space inside the folder" Left click in Which folder ? should I sill be in the Scenery Library with P3D running. What I see is the Scenery Library and the Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast and West Coast are Enable checked, where is the blank space to click? Thank you for helping. J"
... my mind thought FSX even though you said P3D.

The whole left click thing isn't necessary in P3D.

jjpamhawk

Post by jjpamhawk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 am

My manual, Page 3 of the USS Enterprise CVN-65 The BIG E by Team SDB. top of page 3 says P3D User Manual, Bottom of page 3 says c 2012 - Team SDB Scenery. If you have a newer version (2013) has page 3 changed? Where do I get the 2013 (if that is the latest version of the user manual). I am running Windows 10 pro 64 bit and P3D V3.4.22.19868. Thank you, J

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 pm

OK, well this link below is to the latest manual with current information, including proper P3D installation.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31

Once you get the scenery (really just the boat traffic files) activated install the Saved Flights if you didn't already (page 24) and then run one.

There are no default aircraft in P3D for carrier operations but I explain how to get at least one working on page 29.

jjpamhawk

Post by jjpamhawk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 am

Found the Carrier (BIG E) Team SDB, The problem was my Lockheed Martin had two folders one was (Prepar3D) the other was (Prepar3D v3) The Big E files were in the (Prepar3d) folder and once moved to the (Prepar3D v3) folder I can now see the BIG E and now to load the T-45 GosHawk. Thank you for your help, Aloha, J

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 am

Good to hear it has worked out. Do you have both Prepar3D v1 and v3?

I've started re-writing some sections of the manual to try and cover some things more clearly.