Team SDB FSX/P3D Download [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

fsafranek
Re: Team SDB FSX/P3D Download

Post by fsafranek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Despite what their sales page for the Enterprise says it sounds like SimShack hasn't updated the file we sent them some time ago.
I see they also have links to the different manuals on that page. The links to the manuals I gave above are for sure the latest versions.
We will let them know that their copy doesn't seem to be current and make it available to them again.

Butch

Post by Butch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Appreciate whatever you can do. I am retired Navy Viet-Nam vet and can't afford to buy it again when I should be able
to have access to a free upgrade for the P3d Version.
Thank you for your time. :D

fsafranek wrote:Despite what their sales page for the Enterprise says it sounds like SimShack hasn't updated the file we sent them some time ago.
I see they also have links to the different manuals on that page. The links to the manuals I gave above are for sure the latest versions.
We will let them know that their copy doesn't seem to be current and make it available to them again.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 pm

The policy of SimShack and most all venders is that only the product you purchased is available for further downloads. At the time of your purchase the FSX Acceleration and Prepar3D versions were separate products. At some point after your purchase date both products were dropped from the catalog. A new product with an installer covering FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv1 and P3Dv2 was released later on. That is the current version sold. (Simshack fortunately keeps a copy on hand of all products in case you need to refresh your original download.)

That said, FSX and P3D are both extremely similar when it comes to Addon Scenery location and activation as well as for Simobjects/Boats file locations. Aside from the installer itself there were no updates made to the base package. And the P3D manual is available to consult. The LSO voice files used in the FSX versions are the default Carrier Practice Mission voice files found under "FSX\Missions\Military\CarrierPractice\Sound" (this is discussed in detail in another thread here). Since P3D does not include any Mission files you could copy them over from FSX to a new folder created in P3D.

Butch

Post by Butch » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks for the news. I managed to manually copy the files from FSX and drop them to P3d and woking fine.
I guess I could make my own custom installer (installer creator) for the P3D version and let it go at that.
It don't sit well to me to have to buy it again just to get a P3D installer when I can make my own

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 pm

No, I would not buy a new copy because eventually we'll release our Vietnam-era version with the beehive radar array on the island and era appropriate deck candy.

If you have any questions about the Enterprise in P3D please feel free to ask. In addition to previously asked questions in this forum there has also been a couple of threads over at sim-outhouse this weekend that may be of interest:

Team SDB Enterprise and AI Carriers install in P3D