Wattisham (phantom era) scenery clashing with Orbx England [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

vodka
Wattisham (phantom era) scenery clashing with Orbx England [Resolved]

Post by vodka » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Puurchased the wattisham phantom era scenery from team sdb but notice some of scenery with Orbx England scenery is still appearing

I have put the SDb Wattisham ( phantom era) at the top of the scenery priority list as required but still getting the orbx scenery appearing and clashing with the wattisham sdb . . buildings in buildings and HAS with HAS etc

are you able to advise the problem and solution

regards

mickeyd

Re: Wattisham (phantom era) scenery clashing with Orbx England

Post by mickeyd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 pm

If our version of Wattisham is the one you want to show then you need to disable the OrbX version. Unfortunately we can't advise on another developer's product. That's something you'll have to take up with OrbX. If you want the OrbX Wattisham then simply disable ours in the scenery library.

Hope this helps

vodka

Post by vodka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:08 pm

I appreciate your reply and suggestion but that doesn't solve the issue. If I disable orbx I'm disabling the whole england library ? then I'm back to the default crud ' fsx scenery

surely I cannot be the only one who runs orbx and your add ons scenery?

Funny enough I have the ex ACG duxford runs fine, their marhsm . . all good but the sdb binbrooke and this wattisham has the same issues. . with conflicts.

Im guessing if there isnt a suggestion work around here then ill have to bypass SDb in the future I'm afraid to say.

Appreciate you can't work for everyones set up. . but lets be honest here orbx are pretty much the benchmark instals

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:57 am

We don't have Orbx installed so it can't be that much of a "benchmark".

In any case we guarantee we work with default FSX only. Orbx isn't the only game in
town and we can't make versions for every photoreal or new mesh package that is released.
For the price we charge and how scenery software sells it's just not practical.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:18 am

You could try an exclude file to take out the OrbX version but you need to contact OrbX for advice on that as we don't use it. Or post the query on the forums.

vodka

Post by vodka » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:26 pm

You could try an exclude file to take out the OrbX version but you need to contact OrbX for advice on that as we don't use it. Or post the query on the forums.
thank you for that advice. Much appreciated MickeyD.

fsafranek
In any case we guarantee we work with default FSX only.
Perhaps you might want to have that statement in your sales information then ? From where I purchased the scenery. FSpilot shop.

RAF Wattisham is modeled here as it may have looked during 1980s when 74 Sqn. equipped with F-4J(UK) Phantom II's and 56 Sqn. with FGR-2 Phantom II's were in residence. The airfield is laid out based on research as it may have been circa late 1980s and the technical site and married quarters are typical of the period but not "prototypical" of RAF Wattisham.

Scenery Includes
Full compliment of hangars and Hardened Aircraft Shelters (HAS)
Technical site and accommodations representative of the period
Navaids: VOR, NDB, and ILS
Airfield lighting
Street lighting
Night lit buildings
Bloodhound missiles (by Steve Anderson, RAF Airfields)
Phantom FGR-2s and F-4J(UK)s (by Fernando Martinez) are in action over a 24-hr period
Visiting C-130s (Henry Tomkiewicz) depart for RAF Lyneham
Visiting Phantoms from 29 Sqn RAF Coningsby

The scenery is aligned with Horizon Generation X Photographic Scenery. (But no compatibility is claimed.)

The static aircraft and AI densities are scaleable to suit most systems. Note: The AI are not "flyable" and along with the static models may not be compatible with DX10 preview.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:52 pm

No there's no need. Our statement is perfectly true and it IS aligned with Horizon GenerationX and compatible with it and we don't mention OrbX at all or claim any compatibilty. In fact OrbX is not compatible with SDB Wattisham and I developed it before the OrbX scenery was even thought of.

TimC340

Post by TimC340 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:09 am

I've found that the solution is often to remove the airport from the OrbX libraries. Do a search in your OrbX directory for EGUW and remove any files you find - save them in a new folder for removed OrbX airfields, because Wattisham won't be the only one you do this for, and you may want to restore them in future without doing a full reinstall! That will generally resolve any issue, but do check to make sure that there are no other third-party Wattisham sceneries installed.

If you have an issue with the ground level, it's likely you'll have to either install an exclude, as suggested above, or create a new CVX airfield background (including an exclude) using Scruffyduck's Airfield Designer software. Even then you may not solve the problem, as OrbX uses some techniques which are outside the conventions for FSX which programs like ADX are designed to exploit.

If all else fails, and you still want a Phantom-era Wattisham, the ACG 1991 Wattisham scenery works well on my FSX-SE setup with OrbX Global Vector, Global Base, LC Europe and FTX England installed, plus Rex4.