RAF Scampton RAFAT [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

TimC340
RAF Scampton RAFAT [Closed]

Post by TimC340 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi. I bought RAF Scampton (and Binbrook and Upper Heyford) from FSPilotShop the other day, O/N 772897. Several buildings have missing textures, the airfield grass areas are about 5ft below the concrete areas, and only one Reds Hawk appears on the ramp and one in the circuit. I've checked the traffic files, and that's all there is - is this correct? I am running FSX:SE, everything maxxed, with OrbX Global Vestor, Global Base, Open LC Europe, and FTX England installed, plus Rex4. I've removed all OrbX EGXP files, and have no other versions of Scampton installed. I'm aware that OrbX doesn't play nicely with some scenery, but are you aware of any issues with this particular combination? I'm happy to modify the CVX file in ADE if necessary (which may or may not work!), but I wanted to check whether I'm working with a corrupted file first.

Edit: I checked the traffic file again in AIFP and realised you've used the two aircraft to represent all 10, and the traffic needed to be set at 50% or higher to see the others. 50% traffic would bring several of my airfields to a grinding halt, so I adjusted the required traffic levels to 30% to see everything. I reinstalled the scenery to see if I could get the missing textures back, but no joy.

mickeyd

Re: RAF Scampton RAFAT

Post by mickeyd » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Scampton was developed to be compatible with "out of the box" Flight Simulator X ( also FSX-SE, same sim). Your problem is very likely caused by 1 or all the addons you mention, particularly FTX England, as they mess with the FSX default altitudes. Try disabling them all and then check out Scampton. If all is then OK add them back in until the problem re-appears. Then leave that one disabled ( or disable it's mesh if that is possible). There are no corrupted files in Scampton as it left Team SDB.
Hope that helps.

TimC340

Post by TimC340 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Mickey.

The issue of the ground level is almost certainly a discrepancy between OrbX Global Base or FTX England's ground levels and FSX/RAF Scampton RAFAT. It's something I've experienced on other third party airfields, either commercial or self-made with ADEX. I can probably work that one out myself by making a new CVX airfield background. The textures are a little more puzzling.

I have airfields from MAIW, ACG, UkMIL, ARM and UK2000, on top of the ones provided by OrbX FTX England and some made by me using freely-available scenery content such as Ted's RAF buildings. Missing building textures are pretty rare - in this case, it's the main wall textures of the southernmost hangar and several of the on-airfield buildings - which is why I was wondering if there'd been any other reports or knowledge of such an issue.

When I next get the chance, I'll try disabling the wide-area additions and see what I discover. If I can find a method of solving the problem, I'll come back to you - I'm quite sure that many other people will have a similar combination of addons and may experience similar issues.

DaveP

Post by DaveP » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:25 pm

I've just bought this from the FS Pilot Shop (order no. 818628) to use with my nice new Just Flight Hawk T.1, and I'm seeing these black or dark textures as well. They're present on parts of some of the buildings and vehicles as well. It looks a bit like you've got some of the day and night textures mixed up. I can provide screenshots if you want.

Cheers

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:22 pm

You don't state which sim you are using it in but I assume FSX or FSX-SE.
Please read the previous reply regarding other 3rd party addons. There's no mix up of night and day textures. Your problem is almost certainly caused by other addons. Try disabling them then adding them back until the problem reappears. You'll then know which one is causing it. What you then do is up to you but you could try altering the scenery hierachy in the library. The scenery is developed for "out of the box" FSX and has been on sale for many years.

DaveP

Post by DaveP » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Yes, I'm using it in FSX-SE and I've also got the FS Global 2010 mesh and FTX Global Base Pack installed. I've actually now acquired Version 2 of the UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 3 (I already had Volumes 1 and 2) and this includes an RAF Scampton scenery. I'm finding that much better than your scenery although it lacks the AI Red Arrows Hawks (it has static models of these instead). The textures are all present and correct and they load a lot faster and stay loaded - yours keep disappearing as well as being black in places. I don't have any elevation issues either with the UK2000 scenery. I sometimes have problems with the terrain elevation in your sceneries and have to create flatten polygons using SBuilder to fix them. Bien Hoa was particulerly bad - floating buildings and runways everywhere.

Cheers