CVN-65 install question [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

spinker
CVN-65 install question [Resolved]

Post by spinker » Wed May 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello

I have installed CVN-65 for Prepar 3D After the installation was complete a new install called Launch Flight Installer arrived, this program only had install locations for FSX, FSX Steam P3Dv1 P3Dv2
Since my version is P3Dv3 and there is no v3 listed, what should i do? with this program?

Thank You,

Larry

fsafranek

Re: CVN-65 install question

Post by fsafranek » Fri May 27, 2016 4:05 am

This is the installer for the Saved Flight files that are discussed on pages 15 through 25 of the manual.
For P3D v3 they should be installed where P3Dv3 saved flight files are: "C:\Users\user name\Prepar3D v3 Files".

Also read this thread discussing our tests of the Enterprise in P3D v3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120

You can get the latest version of the Enterprise P3D User Manual here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31

spinker

Post by spinker » Fri May 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for the info.

Larry

spinker

Post by spinker » Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello

I hope you can give me an answer to my question.

In the installatin of "Launch Flights Installer" the installer calls for C:\Users|myname\documents\Prepar3D v2 Files.
Since both my FSX and Prepar3Dv3 are on my E:\ drive I cannot install to the suggested directory. Unless there is a workaround for this I assume I wil not be
able to use CVN-65.

Am I correct?

Larry

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Tue May 31, 2016 10:35 am

The files need to be installed to your "Documents" folder irrespective of where you installed the sim. The path is correct just allow it to install.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:52 pm

I just fixed the links up above for the manuals. Sorry about that.

From the P3D manual:
By default, Saved Flight files in P3D v1 and v2 are located in the "My Documents\Prepar3D Files" folder.
For WinXP this is located at: "C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\ Prepar3D Files".
For Vista, Win7, and Win8 the destination folder is: "C:\Users\user name\ Prepar3D Files".
For P3D v3 the saved flight files are at: “C:\Users\user name\Prepar3D v3 Files”.
From the FSX manual:
By default, Saved Flight in FSX files are located in the "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" folder.
For WinXP this is located at: "C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files".
For Vista, Win7, and Win8 the destination folder is: "C:\Users\user name\Flight Simulator X Files".
For FSX - Steam Edition the folders are named “Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files”.
Hope this helps.

spinker

Post by spinker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello

I have read the instructins that you provided but I do not find info for products installed to a different drive than C:\ My FSX AND Prepare3Dv3 are on my E:\drive

Below is what I have done so far

This was the default address to install CVN-65

C:\Program Fles (x86)Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
Since ny FSX and Prepar3D v3 is on my E:\ drive
I chaged it to E:\Prepar3D v3 and ran the install, This broufght me too "Flights Install program v2"

This was the install locaton C:\Users\larry\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files.
I installed to the provided directory, after checking that directory I found all CVN-65 location fles.
But I do not have a clue how to get them into the E:\ Prepar3Dv3 folder.
Please help me understand how to use them in CVN-656

Thank you
Larry

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 am

spinker wrote: This was the install locaton C:\Users\larry\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files.
I installed to the provided directory, after checking that directory I found all CVN-65 location fles.
But I do not have a clue how to get them into the E:\ Prepar3Dv3 folder.
Just did some checking (looks like a user manual edit is in order) .

Look on Drive E: for a folder "E:/Documents/Prepar3D v3 Files". If you have never saved a flight (or "scenario" as P3Dv3 is calling them) the folder will be empty. If you run the Flights Installer again point it there. After installation (and be sure to activate the East and West coast traffic in Scenery Library) you should find the flights in the game under Scenario -> Load and select a CVN-65 [location] flight.

This just worked for me. Please let us know how it goes.

spinker

Post by spinker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:00 am

I really appreciate your effort. I hope I wil get it now
I will keep you posted about how it goes.

Larry

spinker

Post by spinker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:12 am

Unfortunatly this is not working for me.

I do not have a file E:/Documents/Prepar3D v3 Files o my E:\drive. My C:\ directory is my main file. My E:\ drive has only 2 folders FSX and Prepa3Dv3 no other files are avaialble and neither of these have a file named Documents/Prepar3D. i think because my FSX and Prear3Dv2 are on my E:\ drive I may not be able to use CVN-65.
i may try to create a file called E:\ Documents Prepar3Dv3 on my E:\ drive, and try to install to that

Thanks for all your help
I will keep you posted''

Larry