Scampton Dambusters [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

diggers33
Scampton Dambusters [Resolved]

Post by diggers33 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:59 am

I want to congratulate you on providing this great scenery and the re-enactment of 617 Squadron taking off on operation Chastise. My dad was a rear gunner in Lancs and I have been using Scampton as my home airfield for simulated flights to Germany. Along with the excellent First Class Simulations Lancaster, Gypsey Barons Flak version 2 and Chris Sykes Weapon Package I have been able to re-live the experience even though FSX was never designed as a combat scenario. Today I watched the 617 Squadron take off on their mission. Can I follow them in my own Lanc to Dortmund or is this just a fantasy flight?

fsafranek

Re: Scampton Dambusters

Post by fsafranek » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:52 am

According to the manual, "All nineteen aircraft leave but as we are very PC now in Britain and we all love Angela Merkel and
lederhosen they don’t destroy the Ruhr dams, they land at Dortmund Airport and all return loaded with German beer and sausages."
The manual was written last summer. So yes you could fly in formation with them and land at Dortmund before heading back home.

diggers33

Re: Scampton Dambusters

Post by diggers33 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 am

Thanks. I have followed the flight in the First Class Sim Lancaster but cannot keep up with your AI aircraft - They zoom past me even though I am flat out . But it was a lot of fun anyway