Enterprise Radio question. [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Tregarth
Enterprise Radio question. [Resolved]

Post by Tregarth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:43 pm

I cannot seem to make the Enterprise radios work.

I am using the default MS Cessna 172 in FSX with Win 10. On page 11 of the FSX manual there is a section about [Radios]; as you can see from the attachment I have added the Radios entry as required to Panel.cfg file.

But, when I try to use the radio when flying my Fleet Air Arm Cessna the RFN Gauge works but I don't see anything happening with the NAV1 radio which is set to 115.00.

The only way I can make the RFN gauge function is to add TAC 42X (as per the RFN annex 6) to the end of the title line in AICarriers.cfg

I have tried to attach a screen grab but the file size is too big for attachment.

Questions:
a) What are the radios meant to do? i.e. do they make the Cessna ILS / DME gauge work?
b) How do I make them work?

Thank you,

Tregarth
Attachments
Cessna panel.png
Cessna panel.png (55.6KiB)Viewed 4074 times

Tregarth

Re: Enterprise Radio question.

Post by Tregarth » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 am

Done it.

For info I have a default MS Cessna 172 which is equipped with the RFN gauge and the IFLOLS from a F-18. To make the RFN gauge to work the TAC frequency for the 80's Enterprise is 42X and for the IFLOLS the required frequency is 111.00. It is active when within 2 NM of the carrier.

(The IFLOLS frequency for Javier Fernandez's carriers is 112.00.)

I still don't understand why the [Radios] section is needed.

Regards,

Tregarth

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:32 pm

The radio itself does nothing but allows you to tune the frequency that the RFN gauge is looking for to locate and guide you to the carrier. The reason it is mentioned in the manual is because some folks may have an incomplete or partially deactivated [Radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft they are flying. There is no Tacan or ILS or other nav aid on the carrier itself for the radios to point at. The RFN gauge does all the pointing. You should be able to locate the carrier about 100 miles away using the RFN gauge. Hope this helps explain it.

Tregarth

Post by Tregarth » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 am

Thank you for the reply. If anyone has any questions about the RFN gauge (which is really good) my post at

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 701.0.html

might be of help.

Regards,

Tregarth

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 pm

I included your link in a post answering another question here last November.
I do the English language translations for the RFN product manuals.