Team SDB Enterprise Carrier CVN-65

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

zepol4436
Team SDB Enterprise Carrier CVN-65

Post by zepol4436 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:27 am

I just recently purchased the USS Enterprise Aircraft Carrier for FSX/Prepar3D (FSX Steam), Order #40611 through Simshack.

It appears the download and install process worked okay, and the scenery add-on in the scenery library (settings) does display the label "Team SDB USS Enterprise_West_coast" correctly, but in free flight the carrier does not appear. I followed the manual's instructions: Flew out of NAS Marimar, runway 24R on a heading of 257 at a speed of 300 knots. I pass San Clemente Island and fly beyond it by 1/2 hour and never see the Carrier.

What can I do next?

Thanks,

Bob

fsafranek

Re: Team SDB Enterprise Carrier CVN-65

Post by fsafranek » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Start looking around. Seriously. A ship, even one as big as a carrier, can be hard to spot on the vast ocean. While you are flying out there the ship is also moving. I've made that flight many times and have had to fly circles for a long time before spotting her. Easiest way to spot her is from external spot view (things look bigger) and on the horizon so don't fly too high.

But that can be frustrating and is why we also included the saved flights that will put you about 10 miles behind the carrier with fuel adjusted for a safe landing. The ship runs on a roughly 25 mile course before turning around and coming back so depending on where it is when you join the flight it may be going away from you, coming towards you, or in the process of turning around. If it isn't where you want it or you just can't find it then restart the flight.

With the Advanced version add-ons you can use the TACAN mode of the gauge to locate the ship about 100 miles away and the gauge will steer you to the ship's location. You can then switch to ILS mode and use the gauge to land although pilots should always use the ball and visual cues to make the final landing.

There is also the option of using AI Carriers to place the ship 1, 5, or 10 miles directly in front of you.

All of these options are described in the manual.