Adding Ships [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

JR1Wingnut
Adding Ships [Closed]

Post by JR1Wingnut » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 am

oooooooooooo k. I have been able to add ships in the config file in ai carriers.
But what I really want to do is add them to the boats that load as scenery in free flight but cant find the file that needs to be changed????

zepol4436

Re: Adding Ships

Post by zepol4436 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi, sorry, I don't have an answer for you since I am just getting started with CVN-65 install. However, I do have a question which you seem to know:

How do you change formations in the aicarrier cfg file. Can you do it externally on the keyboard with a combo of CTRL or Shift + number while in the actual free flight?

Thanks,

Bob

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:35 am

The boats and chopper that load as scenery in the saved flights are controlled by ship traffic schedule files that you activated for East and West Coast
cruises when you installed the package. The ships themselves are not scenery but the tracks they follow are basically AI Traffic files but for boats.
The tracks were put together using Lamont Clark's Boat Traffic Compiler program.

You can get a copy and more info here: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/

JR1Wingnut

Post by JR1Wingnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Well all I did was a copy and past. I also have the Kitty hawk that was included with the Arosoft F-14.
I just went into the ai carriers folder in the root directory found the one that contained the formations for the kitty hawk. then copied the 4 ships and pasted them in to the big E config. be sure to change the numbers to follow the order.
I was hoping that the ships would appear in the scenery locations but that didn't happen. but when I spun them through Ai carriers they show up. I end up with a 6 ship flotilla.

JR1Wingnut

Post by JR1Wingnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 pm

fsafranek................thank for your reply .
I was hoping that all I had to do was as I said in the above post.......just copy and past but I have no idea where to find the right file ?

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:15 am

JR1Wingnut wrote:fsafranek................thank for your reply .
I was hoping that all I had to do was as I said in the above post.......just copy and past but I have no idea where to find the right file ?
Our boat scenery tracks are compiled BGL files for each location. They are located in the "Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast" and "Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast" folders under FSX/Addon Scenery. As mentioned above they were made using Lamont Clark's Boat Traffic Compiler program. You should be able to edit the boats included using that application. You can get a copy and more info here: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/. No support and no promises as to whether it will work properly or not.

JR1Wingnut

Post by JR1Wingnut » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks Frank.....Ill look into it....but I think I'm getting in over my head. Thanks again Sir for your time.