RAF Linton-on-Ouse AI Hunters [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

WarHorse47
RAF Linton-on-Ouse AI Hunters [Resolved]

Post by WarHorse47 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 am

I just purchased Linton-on-Ouse and installed it in FSX under Windows 8.1. The scenery looks great after moving it under my Binbrook scenery.

Unfortunately, there is no AI traffic. I have no problems with AI traffic with my other SDB products, and have tried several different day/month configurations. Airline traffic is set at 100.

My guess is that there might be a conflict with other traffic files, but not sure where to look. I have the Team SDB RAF Cold War bases as well, so this might be a complicated search for the culprit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--WH

WarHorse47

Re: RAF Linton-on-Ouse AI Hunters

Post by WarHorse47 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:11 pm

This morning I did some more testing and digging, and have some more questions on this issue.

Using AI Planner I examined the traffic file and noted that traffic called for Hunters 1 and 3, yet the aircraft.cfg file for the AI hunters only has two textures.

Looking at which traffic files that use EGXU, I see that the airport is used by Wattisham, Binbrook and Linton-on-Ouse traffic files. On my setup Linton-on-Ouse has the highest scenery number so there shouldn't be a conflict.

I did a quick check at my Scrampton install which has both Hunters and Hawks, and all was fine.

--WH

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 am

The AI are called by their titles in the cfg and they do work OK and have done for many years. The airfields in other traffic files shouldn't affect Linton traffic ( unless in view the AI don't physically go there). The problem is likely to be an FS9 traffic file you may have installed, especially MAIW files, as they are written for FS9. Only one on your system will stop all or some of your FSX AI not to work.
I suggest you have AI Flight Planner check your FSX for FS9 traffic. It will fix any that it finds.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Interesting. First I've heard of that.

I have a lot of other SDB UK airfields without any AI problems, and only two Washington State airfields with converted MAIW traffic.

I'm not familiar with the AI Traffic program, so I'm not sure how to search for any FS9 files with that.

I did a quick search of my addon scenery for any AF2 files, and most are from SDB primarily with Bien Hoa, Leuchars and Colerne. There are three others that I could disable. None associated with MAIW.

--WH

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Okay. Here's an update.

I used Traffic AI and did a search for FS9 traffic files in my addon scenery directory. I got four.

One each for RAF Binbrook and Station Goxhill (both Team SDB) and two for RAF Driffield (Team SDB and FCS).

Goxhill has the lowest order number and Driffield has the highest of all four (including Linton-on-Ouse). What do you suggest at this point - reorder one of these or disable the traffic file?

--WH

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:31 pm

The sceneries you quote are probably the older installers. We updated them on sites a few years back. You could re-download and install the new ones. Alternatively you can use AI Flight Planner 3 by Don Grovestine to check any traffic files you have and convert them to FSX format. More info and the latest version is here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=AIFP

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Well now, that is easier said than done.

I purchased Binbrook and Goxhill from FSPilotShop back in 2014 and 2015, respectively, and to redownload it will cost me $5.00 each to reactivate the downloads.

I couldn't find my record on Driffield, but as I recall it came with my purchase of the First Class Simulations Wellington.

If I were to repurchase all three it would cost around $30 give or take, and assuming I would have the latest version as you say.

I did some more experimenting by disabling each of the four files one-by-one and discovered that the Binbrook traffic file is the culprit. So for the moment I now have Hunters on the field. So, if I renew my download and reinstal Binbrook to the current version, I should eliminate the conflict? :?

--WH

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 am

WarHorse47 wrote:I purchased Binbrook and Goxhill from FSPilotShop back in 2014 and 2015, respectively, and to redownload it will cost me $5.00 each to reactivate the downloads.
We've had this situation before with FSPilotShop and they have told us to not pay the $5, just ask support to reactivate the downloads for your account.
Tell them you were advised to request this by the folks from Team SDB Scenery. If there is any problem let us know and we'll see if we can help.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:06 am

WarHorse please see my previous reply. AIFP3 is your cheapest option and it will convert all those traffic files to FSX format. Best of all it's free. But as Frank says Adam Howe at FS Pilot Shop has informed us that the charge is usually waived. If you have any difficulty resolving the problem get back and we'll sort something out.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks, guys. I have a ticket in with FSPilotShop to reactivate my downloads. We'll see what happens.

As I mentioned previously the conflict appears to be only with the Binbrook traffic file, so that is what I will update. I can always convert with AIFP3, but then again I might miss out on any other changes to the scenery or AI.

Updating Driffield is another matter. The FCS version has different AI than the current version if I read that correctly. It's not causing a conflict at the moment, but then again I'm not ruling out a the purchase for the latest scenery.

--WH