U.K. Scenery [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

WarHorse47
U.K. Scenery [Resolved]

Post by WarHorse47 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:39 pm

I have a lot of the Team SDB airfields for the U.K. Whenever I fly around the countryside, it seems that the U.K. is really flat and featureless. Is that the way it really is? I've never been overseas, but from all the films and books I've covered I would think there are a lot of rolling hills, etc.

I guess my question is would anyone have a recommendation on how I can enhance or improve the rest of the default FSX scenery for the U.K. and that part of Europe without conflicting with my SDB addons?

Just wondering. Thanks.

--WH

fsafranek

Re: U.K. Scenery

Post by fsafranek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 pm

There are several elevation modification packages out there, some freeware and some payware. Because there are so many we only guarantee that Team SDB scenery works with default FSX elevations. I would look in the usual file locations (avsim, flightsim, simviation) and see what is available for free. You can always try them out and look for conflicts. Less expensive that way than buying something that looks amazing but wipes everything out.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Nope. Don't think so.

I just did a search on Flightsim.com. Their library has a pretty good search engine. I didn't find any freeware mesh for U.K. scenery.

I believe ORBX has a package, but also know that it doesn't play well with the Team SDB airfields. Maybe someone else has some ideas or direction.

Guess I'll never take a vacation there if the countryside looks so boring. :lol:

Thanks.

--WH

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:29 pm

WarHorse47 wrote:Guess I'll never take a vacation there if the countryside looks so boring. :lol:
The default FSX scenery looks like global warming on a massive scale. Most real aerial images of the UK look much more green than the default FSX. It's even worse in P3D.