Manual Install to P3D V3.4 [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Butch
Manual Install to P3D V3.4 [Resolved]

Post by Butch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

I have the FSX version of Enterprise and managed to install it to a "Dummy" folder so that I could determine what goes where in P3d.
So far I have had success with most of placement of the file folder in P3d.

I'm assuming the SDB Sound folder goes to the Main sound of P3d.

I have install creator and have used it before making my own installers, that said, I am planning of creating a P3D install version for my installed FSX version as Simshak
will neither respond to my emails requesting update from FSX to P3d. I don't think it right to spend my pension funds on another copy (I am Retired Navy VIet-Vet)

From the looks of the SDB sound folder, I am gonna guess that is the LSO files and I guess they would go to my SOUND folder in P3d.
It also looks like i would have to dial in a freq in the radio to hear the LSO barking at my attempted carrier landings.
I would appreciate any additional guidance on placement of any of the "Installed files" in my Pic. I have activated the missions folder - they go in the "Tutorial" folder in P3d. - Tricky :lol:

Thanks Frank et. at.

fsafranek

Re: Manual Install to P3D V3.4

Post by fsafranek » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:27 am

So the inclusion of the \Sound\SDB_US\ folders in your image is from something I said (I probably did, I answer so many I forget) or from something that you read elsewhere because the default FSX and FSX-SE installs do not include that. If that was created by the installer then you have a P3D installer.

If you open and scroll to the bottom of the "Carrier.xml" file in the Gauges folder you'll see where the LSO files are being looked for. For FSX and FSX-SE installs we are looking for default LSO sound files found in the "./Missions/Military/CarrierPractice/Sound/" folder. For P3D we are looking for the custom LSO sound files we made found in the "./sound/SDB_US/" folder.

Just as with default FSX Acceleration there are no LSO sounds, they are a part of the Missions. With our Enterprise the LSO sounds are a part of the Advanced features. See page 11.

I don't have a "Tutorials" folder in P3D. That must be a part of the Academic version. My copy is the Professional Plus version from another developer I work with.

Butch

Post by Butch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm

fsafranek wrote:So the inclusion of the \Sound\SDB_US\ folders in your image is from something I said (I probably did, I answer so many I forget) or from something that you read elsewhere because the default FSX and FSX-SE installs do not include that. If that was created by the installer then you have a P3D installer.

Actually, I used the FSX installer to a dummy folder and that is what the folder structure looks like.

If you open and scroll to the bottom of the "Carrier.xml" file in the Gauges folder you'll see where the LSO files are being looked for. For FSX and FSX-SE installs we are looking for default LSO sound files found in the "./Missions/Military/CarrierPractice/Sound/" folder. For P3D we are looking for the custom LSO sound files we made found in the "./sound/SDB_US/" folder.

Just as with default FSX Acceleration there are no LSO sounds, they are a part of the Missions. With our Enterprise the LSO sounds are a part of the Advanced features. See page 11.

I don't have a "Tutorials" folder in P3D. That must be a part of the Academic version. My copy is the Professional Plus version from another developer I work with.

Butch

Post by Butch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:00 am

Frank

This is the screenie for the installer I used for FSX version that I installed to a dummy directory that created the folder structure that you said looked like a P3d installer.

OKay. Are there and wav files in the \Sound\SDB_US\ folder?

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:04 am

OKay. Are there and wav files in the \Sound\SDB_US\ folder?

In any case sending them to you.

Butch

Post by Butch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:38 pm

fsafranek wrote:OKay. Are there and wav files in the \Sound\SDB_US\ folder?

In any case sending them to you.

I checked and there are sound in the folder you mentioned.
Thanks for sending the files anyway. Even though the install splash
screen said FSX, I'm thinking I may have all that was needed for P3D as well.

-Butch

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Butch wrote:Thanks for sending the files anyway. Even though the install splash screen said FSX, I'm thinking I may have all that was needed for P3D as well.
Interesting. The version with the multi-installer we sent out to all vendors a couple of years ago doesn't mention any specific game. It just reads, "SDB USS Enterprise".

In any case, good to hear it worked out in the end.