USS Enterprise Sound Problem P3D v3.4 [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Kariem89
USS Enterprise Sound Problem P3D v3.4 [Resolved]

Post by Kariem89 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:26 am

Hello Team SDB,

I purchased some days ago the USS Enterprise for my P3D and I followed the installation instructions as written in your manual. However, i experience some sound issues.

When I turn Nav1 on the frequency of the carrier I receive a successfull lock on. Approaching the carrier for landing, I only get written LSO reports but no sounds !!! And I bought that game because of the sounds feature. I did not install the RFN gauge.

I would be greatful if you could help me out.

Thank u in advance.

Best regards
Kariem

fsafranek

Re: USS Enterprise Sound Problem P3D v3.4

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi.

Ok, a couple things to verify first. What version of P3D are you running (so we can match up with you)?
And if you look in Explorer at the Prepar3D installation folder you should see a "Sound" folder and under that an "SDB_US" folder.
In the "SDB_US" folder there should be nine (9) wav files.

Based on what you described I'm assuming you have installed the Advanced features (page 11) to an aircraft.
What version of the ship are you running (Early 80s, Early 80s Empty Deck, Late 80s, or Late 80s Empty Deck) and what frequency are you tuning to?
If using one of the provided Saved flights, which one?

Kariem89

Post by Kariem89 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey Frank,

thanks for your reply.

I am running P3D 3.4 and in my Sound folder are the 9 wav files which have been added during the installation of the USS Enterprise. And i am loading via AI Carrier the early 80s version 5nm ahead of San Francisco Airport. Then I tune on 115.00 Nav1 as written in the documentation. I receive a lock on message and while approaching I only get written LSO reports. And yes I edited the config file as explained on page 11. I did not install any saved flights.

And thats what i found in the carrier.xml file:

<SoundFiles Language="US"
Wire1="./Sound/SDB_US/trap_one_wire.wav"
Wire1_msg="Trap One Wire!"
Wire2="./Sound/SDB_US/trap_two_wire.wav"
Wire2_msg="Trap Two Wire!"
Wire3="./Sound/SDB_US/trap_three_wire.wav"
Wire3_msg="Trap Three Wire!"
Wire4="./Sound/SDB_US/trap_four_wire.wav"
Wire4_msg="Trap Four Wire!"
TooHigh="./Sound/SDB_US/youre_high.wav"
TooHigh_msg="You're high!"
TooLow="./Sound/SDB_US/youre_low.wav"
TooLow_msg="You're low!"
LineUp="./Sound/SDB_US/youre_drifting.wav"
LineUp_msg="You're_drifting!"
CallBall="./Sound/SDB_US/call_the_ball.wav"
CallBall_msg="Call the ball!"
WaveOff="./Sound/SDB_US/wave_off_repeat.wav"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"

If you need further information, then please tell me.
I hope you can help me out.

Kariem89

Post by Kariem89 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:32 am

Noone can give me a support for my issue?!

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:28 pm

I did a fresh install into my developer copy of P3D v3.4.9.18400 (beta) as well as the latest version of the RFN Tacan gauge. This is currently version 4.21. The version (without the visible gauge) used in the Team SDB Enterprise when released in 2012 was v3.0 -- P3D was still in v1. Version 4.21 adds some neat new features like being able to place your aircraft on the deck once you have tuned it in plus the TACAN gauge can be used to find the carrier beyond visual range as well as work for ILS approaches. I had no issues with the LSO sounds in P3D v3 using our original version as well as the latest from RFN.

One thing about my system is that ATC and LSO voice sounds come through my headphones. When I have them on I can hear everything from ATC and LSO. If I don't have them on I only hear the lowering of engine sounds and the LSO text messages across the top but I can't hear any voices. In this set of tests I could make multiple traps and cats and have LSO sounds for each attempt. When correctly installed the gauge works properly in P3D v1, v2, and v3.