Binbrook runway grass [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Sampa
Binbrook runway grass [Resolved]

Post by Sampa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:28 am

Hi guys

I just installed RAF Binbrook for FSX (I was stationed there from 84-87) and overall I'm delighted with it, the AI works a treat and it looks pretty good. There is one small issue, I have a grass strip across 03 just after the PAPIs. I don't have any additional UK mesh installed, it's plain FSX SP2 scenery so it isn't conflicting with anything.

Is there anything that can be done to remove it ?

Thanks
Sampa

fsafranek

Re: Binbrook runway grass

Post by fsafranek » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Installed Binbrook into FSX - Acceleration which is basically FSX SP2 with extra aircraft and aircraft carrier support.
I'm not seeing any green area across any runways at Binbrook. I don't have any extra scenery or mesh installed and
the sliders were all moved to the far right in Options/Scenery. We use a flatten file so there should be no issues with
the runways over the grass layer. Can you provide a screenshot so we can view it at the same angle?.
Binbrook in FSX Acceleration.jpg
Binbrook in FSX Acceleration.jpg (81.09KiB)Viewed 3831 times

Sampa

Post by Sampa » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm

OK, was that the power of positive thinking? I took this screenshot when it happened, but when I went to get a shot from the same angle as yours a few minutes ago the grass was gone !! Even at ground level it no longer appears, so everything is as it should be.

Thanks for the quick response, now it's time to go flying :D

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 pm

I looked from the same angle as your image angle and can't get it to happen either.

Not sure what would have caused it in the first place except that there is a crossing runway in that area.
It isn't showing in your image either so that might be what is going on. Perhaps it hadn't loaded yet?

In any case, good to hear it has stopped for you.