New Binbrook [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

GrahamL
New Binbrook [Resolved]

Post by GrahamL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 am

I have just replaced my original SDB Binbrook with the 'NEW Binbrook' and have encountered a few strange things.
It seems that all the grass areas are replaced be some very old blocks of other scenery including water.
This is best illustrated by the attached pictures.

Any ideas gentlemen?

GrahamL
Attachments
EGXB-C.jpg
EGXB-C.jpg (136.7KiB)Viewed 6104 times
EGXB-B.jpg
EGXB-B.jpg (113.67KiB)Viewed 6104 times
EGXB-A.jpg
EGXB-A.jpg (102.33KiB)Viewed 6104 times

GrahamL

Re: New Binbrook

Post by GrahamL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 am

P.S.

I forgot to mention I am running FSX-Steam edition under Windows 7 and also ORBX England with OpenLC Europe.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 pm

None of our products claim to work with Orbx. Suspect that is the issue. Try Binbrook after unchecking ORBX England with OpenLC Europe in Scenery Library. Things will improve.

GrahamL

Post by GrahamL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm

I tried unchecking the ORBX Europe and England but the result was just the same.
Your original Binbrook worked OK so I guess I will have to go back to that unless you can think of anything else I might try

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:28 am

Do you have the original still installed and activated by chance? That might be why there seems to be doubling of roads and such.
You might try deactivating the new one, removing it, and re-installing. If that doesn't work maybe download again. Something is
messed up here because we test a lot in default versions of FSX and Prepar3D and did not see anything like this.

The reason we don't support Orbx and others is because there are too many options and variations.
So we only make our scenery to work with default FSX or Prepar3D.

Michael, if you see this, Graham mentioned that he had the previous version as well. Did we put anything in
World/Scenery back then that might still be hanging around?

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am

Graham

Look in Scenery/World/scenery you may see EGXB_ADEX_SDB_ALT.bgl. Delete it as it sets the altitude and may be conflicting with your OrbX.

Mike

GrahamL

Post by GrahamL » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your advice.
I have tried all your suggestions without any success and the final deletion of the EGXB_ADEX_SDB_ALT.bgl file only resulted in Binbrook appearing on a plateau so I have now reverted to the original version.
I think it is time to admit defeat and accept it will not run when any ORBX software is also present. It makes me wonder if my long time investment in ORBX software was worth it!

As one final check I installed it on my laptop running FSX-Steam under Windows 10 with NO ORBX and it works just fine, much more detail than the earlier version.

Thanks you once again and please close-down this post.

Graham L