Catapult Start Trigger problem with FSUIPC

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Grobian
Catapult Start Trigger problem with FSUIPC

Post by Grobian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 am

FSX Gold, Win7, Odernr: 549940 /Flighsimstore.com

Hello,

everything worked fine, till i installed FSUIPC. Now the "brakes" trigger from FSUIPC does not work (only the standard shift+space) and so i cant use the reduced launch speed ...

Any tips for me?

Thx in advance.

DBushell

Re: Catapult Start Trigger problem with FSUIPC

Post by DBushell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Might be worth speaking to the people who support FSUIPC, if thats what broke something?

fsafranek

Re: Catapult Start Trigger problem with FSUIPC

Post by fsafranek » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Grobian wrote:FSX Gold, Win7, Odernr: 549940 /Flighsimstore.com

Hello,

everything worked fine, till i installed FSUIPC. Now the "brakes" trigger from FSUIPC does not work (only the standard shift+space) and so i cant use the reduced launch speed ...

Any tips for me?

Thx in advance.
Sorry, for some reason I wasn't logged in so I didn't spot the new question.

The reduced speed launch feature is part of the Advanced Features and therefore is controlled by the "RFN_CarrierGauge.dll" file. The version of the gauge included with the Enterprise since release in 2012 is version 3.0. The RFN gauge is now at version 4.21 and along with many additional features includes the ability to designate the launch trigger to a different (non brake trigger) joystick button.

Another contributing factor to your issue but maybe not necessarily the cause is that the Advanced Features of the Enterprise use SimConnect rather that FSUIPC.

So, one option, if it can be done would be to change the Brake command in FSUIPC. But that will no doubt affect other objects. Or can you tell FSUIPC not to run?

The other option (perhaps) is to change to the latest version of the RFN Carrier gauge so you can designate a different button to trigger the cat launch. The link to the RFN gauge files is: http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/ ... ns.htm#Gau

If you do update the gauge version there are a couple things to keep in mind.
1) Completely remove the v3 gauge and associated files from the \Gauges folder and when mentioned in the panel.cfg file of any aircraft you use.
This is because some but not all files are now named differently and mixing them will just cause a headache. Believe me, I've been there.
2) Read the new RFN gauge documentation and make note that the frequencies have changed (Section 6-0). Section "4-5) Customization" covers the new joystick launch trigger assignment.

Hope this helps.