Broken up scenery no static aircraft

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

leggo
Broken up scenery no static aircraft

Post by leggo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Comments: Good evening and I must apologise for getting the protocol wrong. Hand slap excepted!
As you see I purchased this RAF Binbrook scenery and now I am back into the Flight Sim and having the Aerosoft Lightening I have tried with no avail to get everything as it should be. I am unable to obtain a complete scenery.Some buildings are broken, there are no static lightenings on the hard standings and nothing within the "QRS" shelters. I am using windows 7 and FSX scenery (no Orbix etc).
I have tried the usual as downloading with the antivirus and firewall off, but still the same. I have even tried the download to obtain these extra items.
Can you help in this matter please
Kindest regards
Ian

SimShack
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 44930

SimShack
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 44930

Date Ordered: Thursday 01 March, 2018
1 x RAF Binbrook: End of an Era Scenery for FSX/P3D () = £8.50
Delivery Method Immediate Download

mickeyd

Re: Broken up scenery no static aircraft

Post by mickeyd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi Ian

I have tried the installer in FSX-SE and FSX and all works OK. In order to see all the statics you need to set the density sliders to at least Very Dense. It is possible that the file at Simshack is corrupted. Have you contacted Simshack for another download of the installer? That's the first thing to do then uninstall Binbrook and re-install using the new downloaded file. What concerns me most is the "broken up" scenery. That suggests missing textures.
If that doesn't cure things please get back to us here on the forum.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 am

I installed the "Binbrook: End of an Era" scenery in boxed FSX from the copy we released to the vendors. These are the scenery settings I tested and what was visible for each.

Very Sparse: Large hangers, runways and taxiways visible
Sparse: Same as above
Normal: QRA hangers and adjacent building now visible as well as base technical area. Static aircraft in front of hangers visible. Fuel mounds, radar, base housing, weapons area visible.
Dense: Same as above
Very Dense: Aircraft now inside QRA hangers and more details.
Extremely Dense: Same as above

No buildings appeared broken. Scenery complexity setting needs to be at least the "Normal" setting and "Very Dense" gives you everything.

leggo

Post by leggo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi again and thank you for your In put.
I have tried a second download exactly the same,buildings ok,no aircraft on standing at all. Am I correct that the static aircraft are part of the same download?
All my settings are at max, I have even backed them off, still the same . Buildings, refueling vehicles, radar, fire extinguishers all seen......no aircraft.
Thanking you all in anticipation.

leggo

Post by leggo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi all and thank you for the input.
I have tried a second download as per, no antivirus etc.
Things are still the same except I now have buildings,radar,fuel trucks, fire extinguishers on hard standing and the QRS shelters......no aircraft at all :cry:

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Ian
Have sent you a Dropbox link to the installer. Please read the inc. message.

leggo

Post by leggo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi again
May I take this opportunity to thank you all for you assistance in this problem of mine.
Mike sent me a "Dropbox" download to hopefully cure the problem,,,,,I am pleased to say it worked! Every detail is now showing and I was not really expecting it to work if i am truthful. Most probable because the amount of times i tried my purchased download from SimShack.
Thank you all
kindest regards
Ian