Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

leggo
RAF Alconbury Scenery download

Post by leggo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi..it's me...sorry for this,. I have just obtained RAF Alconbury
FS Pilotshop
order No# # 1028623
25-03-18
Following the download/install instructions there is nothing at all. The program loads into FSX as it should and lists the scenery and it is ticked, but nothing.
When I check the scenery file there is nothing in it?
Kindest regards
Ian

fsafranek

Re: RAF Alconbury Scenery download

Post by fsafranek » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 am

First thing I would check is the file size of the download. Alconbury was about a 46.5-47 Megabytes zip file (depending on your operating system).
If it isn't in that range then download again and make sure nothing else and no other programs are running during the download.

When installing, right click and select "Run as administrator".

Make sure the install path is correct for your FSX installation.

On the last screen of the installer click the button for the User notes. Make sure they open.

Then check under FSX/Addon Scenery and make sure you see a "SDB RAF Alconbury" folder with subfolders of "SCENERY" with 7 files and "textures" with 269 files.

leggo

Post by leggo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi thank you for getting back to me.
Firstly the conflict with the Leconfield scenery was that I had installed UK 2000 VRF airfields scenery volume 1 installed which of course gave the conflict with your scenery.
Regarding the Alconbury scenery I have checked the size and it is approx 62.5mg so the size and content seem to in the download.
When i try and install it the SDB Alconbury is there which fsx excepts and ticks it as i enter new scenery. what happens then is that i have two file scenery and texture...but there is nothing in those files.
When i then go into addon scenery via MFSimulator and open up those file i can see the contents????????Help!
kindest regards
Ian

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:11 pm

If Alconbury is "checked" in the scenery library then it is activated. You won't "see" any files if you advance into the folders via Scenery Library only in Explorer will you see the files ( it's a quirk of Win7 upwards). Just "Go To" Alconbury in FSX it will be there. Also read the manual you'll find the answers in there.

leggo

Post by leggo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 am

Thank you for getting back. Cured...thanks for the directions
Ian