RAF Finningley parking ares

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

GrahamL
RAF Finningley parking ares

Post by GrahamL » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi,

I have just installed the P3Dv4 version of RAF Finningley onto my dedicated desktop PC.
As soon as I used the airport there appears to be a problem with some of the parking areas.
In font of the main hangers there is a crescent of seven parking areas with five of them showing the normal black usage marks. All five of these markings are constantly flickering with or without any aircraft on them and no matter which view I use.
As a test I loaded the P3Dv4 version onto my laptop with the exactly the same results so i'ts not PC related .
I did a further test by downloading the FSX version and ran it in my copy of FSX and it was perfect with no flickering.
As final test I replaced the P3Dv4 version with the FSX version in P3Dv4 and still the flickering occured.
Any advice please?

GrahamL

GrahamL

Re: RAF Finningley parking ares

Post by GrahamL » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:33 pm

A follow up on my problem......

I removed all reference to the install and started with a fresh one.

The flashing marks on the aprons have now gone in fact the black usage marks have gone all together.
I'm happy with this and can live with it so please consider my problem as closed.

My only thoughts are that their maybe some confusion between EGXI and EGCN which is referenced in ORBX EU ENG.

Keep up the good work
GrahamL

mickeyd

Re: RAF Finningley parking ares

Post by mickeyd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Graham
There are no AI parking spots in our Finningley (EGXI) for the crescent of hard standings in front of the hangars. . You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned OrbX. OrbX has it's own version of Robin Hood airport (EGCN). You have to disable the OrbX EGCN, but what possibly happened by reinstalling it our Kill Airports file in the local scenery folder was called which disables any airport with the EGCN ICAO. Glad you are up and running. Enjoy. :)