RAF Scampton

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

mhscott
RAF Scampton

Post by mhscott » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 am

Hi, thank you for accepting me to your forum. I have just bought your RAF Scampton product through Simshack, but only now I realise that it is not compatible with P3D Version 4. I have taken this issue up with Simshack as I believe they are responsible for the misrepresentation, stating it is compatible with P3D (but not specifying the version) and giving the impression its okay for all versions.

Can anyone advise if the product will be upgraded to accommodate P3D V4?, or offer advice as to how to get it to work in P3D V4?
Thanks,

mickeyd

Re: RAF Scampton

Post by mickeyd » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Scampton was created back in 2008 for FSX and then upgraded for FSX-SE and P3D v1. Unfortunately it does not work in P3D v4 and there are currently no plans to upgrade it further as it would require re-working from the ground up. When originally uploaded to Simshack there was only P3D. P3D v2 & 3 came later and being 32bit it runs in those too. Perhaps the Simshack page should state that to avoid any confusion I'll contact them. As there is no easy way to convert it please contact Simshack to arrange either a refund or an alternative scenery.

ToryDes

Post by ToryDes » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm

So it would have to be built in 64bit from the ground up?

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:57 pm

It needs extensive work to make it compatible with P3D v4.4. I am looking into it but it'll take a low priority after other projects and real life.