Pushback and Drive through parking

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

mikec
Pushback and Drive through parking

Post by mikec » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi
Do SDB have any plans to eliminate pushback and implement drive thru' parking on existing or future products?

MikeC

mickeyd

Re: Pushback and Drive through parking

Post by mickeyd » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

No. All the Microsoft) based sims (FSX/FSX-SE & all the LM P3D's) are civil aviation based and pushback is coded into the sim. Many have tried to eliminate it by various " work arounds" in the "AFCAD" but they don't always work. Particularly with taildraggers it seems. Until a dedicated military sim is published we'll have to live with it.

mikec

Re: Pushback and Drive through parking

Post by mikec » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:04 pm

Not sure why I never responded to Mikey D's reply but better late than never.
The elimination of Pushback in both FSX and P3D is extremely simple, though rather time consuming. Further more it is always reliable.
As far as 'tail draggers' are concerned they perform no differently than other aircraft.
I have a squadron of Hastings aircraft that perform at SDB Colerne with no pushback and return correctly to their allocated parking spots. Similarly the Lightnings as Binbrook and Wattisham do likewise.
I have implemented 'no pushback' and 'drive through parking' at all the RAF bases in my P3dv4.5 setup.
The secret is in how the parking spots are created and linked to the taxiways (this is the time consuming bit), but it is well worth the effort as the end result is for more realistic.

mikec