Andrew AFB Scenery Not Working

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

GregoryDouglas
Andrew AFB Scenery Not Working

Post by GregoryDouglas » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 pm

I purchased your Andrews AFB scenery. It seemed to install into FSX Steam correctly. It created a folder called "SDB JB Andrews FSX" in the Addon Scenery directory. The scenery and texture subdirectories are filled with files. Nine .fx files were imported into the Effects directory. A file called KADW_ADEX_SDB_ALT.bgl was imported into the Scenery/World/scenery directory. And 8 AI aircraft were imported into SimObjects/Airplanes.

When I added the scenery to the scenery library I browsed to FSX/Addon Scenery & selected the SDB JB Andrews FSX folder & pressed OK. SDB JB Andrews FSX showed up at the top of the scenery area list and the box is checked.

I closed FSX and restarted. I also restarted Windows. Your new scenery shows up in Select Airport as "Joint Base Andrews" (the default airport showed up as Andrews AFB).

All the files seem to be where they should be. But when I actually "Fly Now", the old default scenery is seen, not your new scenery. Any idea what might be wrong?

mickeyd

Re: Andrew AFB Scenery Not Working

Post by mickeyd » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 pm

So we can deal with your complaint we need your O/N and Vendor site.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:38 pm

OK Gregory I found your order on Simshack. You have your scenery density set to Normal. Turn it up to Extremely Dense and you should see everything.

GregoryDouglas

Post by GregoryDouglas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Thanks!

GregoryDouglas

Post by GregoryDouglas » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 am

I love seeing all the AI aircraft parked at this air base but when I use AI aircraft, it crashes FSX. Is there an easy way to make all of the AI aircraft at Andrews AFB static on the ground with "Airline traffic density" set to 0%?

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:37 pm

All of the aircraft at Andrews are AI. You can adjust the AI Traffic density under Options -> Settings -> Display and then the Traffic tab (saying this for folks who might search the topic).
If you move the Airline Traffic Density slider to zero they will all go away. Hopefully that won't cause your system to crash. If it does then there are other issues.

Then move the slider op to 50%. You'll get the majority of the aircraft or at least representation of each type. If that works, move the slider up to 75% and so on until you find a density value that works for you.

As we say in the user notes, "The AI are “scaled” from 10% to 100%.". That way folks don't crash right out of the gate but can adjust to suit their own system.

Hope this helps.