Enterprise Final Cruise

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

hapnen
Enterprise Final Cruise

Post by hapnen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:44 am

I have loaded program and can find it in the ai carriers add on folder in FSX Gold Edition. I am having a few problems, when I spawn the carrier I do not see the the helo or other fleet ships and no lighting on carrier at night. Also I tried to configure ships and cannot locate the %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and the dll.xml file to configure. I really would like to use all the features with this purchase.

mickeyd

Re: Enterprise Final Cruise

Post by mickeyd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:22 pm

In order to help you we first need your Order number and point of purchase. (Online store)

hapnen

Post by hapnen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:21 am

SimShack
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 58XXX

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 am

Hi.

To see the Enterprise and other ships when using AI Carriers, select "CVN65 2006 RFN Group TAC 25X" or "CVN65 2012 RFN Group TAC 26X".
That will give you the Enterprise, and a plane guard helo, and two Arleigh Burke class Destroyers.
A single plane guard helo is triggered by the RFN gauge.
(So there will be two helos when you select a group in AI CArriers and then tune the ship on the RFN gauge.)

See page 4 for a list of what becomes available when the individual carrier frequency is tuned using the RFN gauge.
Pages 5-7 discuss the gauge and page 8 gives the frequencies for the various ships.
If you haven't installed the gauge to an aircraft you intend to use the instructions start on page 10.

Discussion of the Ship Configuration file to manipulate lights, the elevator, and have an empty deck begins on page 12.

To access the dll.xml file it might be easier to just enter "%APPDATA%" in the Address line at the top of File Explorer and then navigate to "Microsoft" and then "FSX".
You should then be able to find the dll.xml file that can be opened and edited using Notepad. (See page 13)
Once you restart the sim an "Add-ons/SDB Ship Configuration" dropdown menu item similar to the AI Carriers' "Add-ons/AI Ships" menu will be available.

hapnen

Post by hapnen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:17 pm

I have everything operating normally, thank you, except to find the dll.xml. I cannot find any file with that name in the FSX folder. What am I missing here?

hapnen

Post by hapnen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Figured it out, my app data folder was hidden. Everything working. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm

No problem. Good to hear it is working for you. We're glad to help any time.

gregoros009

Post by gregoros009 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:55 am

Hello, I would like to ask you kindly for your support. Although I managed to change the dll.xml document according to your instructions, I still do not see the Ship Configuration menu in the "Add-ons / AI Ships" menu. Please, what could be the problem? Thank you in advance. Best regards, Robert P.S. SimShack, Order Number: 10533631, Date: September 25th.

gregoros009

Post by gregoros009 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:52 am

P.P.S. I use FSX Acceleration on Windows 7. Thank you. :-)

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:41 pm

Thank you for the question.

One thing that does come to mind right away is to make sure you have the correct version of the ship configuration module installed into the \Gauges folder.
For FSX, FSX-SE, and P3Dv1-3, it should be the 32-bit version: "SDB_ShipConf32.dll".

And then make sure the same version is named in the <Launch.Addon> section added to the dll.xml file.

Code: Select all

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SDB Ship Configuration</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Gauges\SDB_ShipConf32.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
Please review page 13 of the User Notes.