No FLOLS/LRLS

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

CaptHunt
No FLOLS/LRLS

Post by CaptHunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:45 pm

Ok, so I got the Final Cruises Enterprise installed, I used RFN to tune in and locate one of the 25Y RFN FLOLS enabled boats. On approach I hear the LSO calls starting at 1 mile out, but I don't see any of the lights from the FLOLS or the LRLS.

CaptHunt

Re: No FLOLS/LRLS

Post by CaptHunt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:40 am

I reinstalled the scenery pack, and now it lights up a couple of miles out, but the LRLS doesn't seem to react to the aircraft, it shows solid red regardless of where I am in relation to the centerline.
Also, I don't know if it's related, but the "Go To" options all dump my plane in the water.

Edit: looks like the lights I was seeing were just the nighttime runway lights. The LRLS and meatball lights still don't appear to show up at all.

I did notice that the Datum and waveoff lights on the FLOLS do work, even though the meatball does not.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:32 am

I was just reading our conversations from earlier and didn't see whether you were running FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv3 or P3Dv4. Some are 32-bit and the latter is 64-bit. And therefore they use different files for the RFN gauge that gives the FLOLS and LRLS lights.

Based on what sim you are using double check everything on page 10 and 11 of the User Notes of the Final Cruises package. You will be better off using the new RFN gauge provided in the Final Cruises package for both versions you have. You'll even gain some features in the original.

Check all that out and let us know how it works.

CaptHunt

Post by CaptHunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 am

fsafranek wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:32 am
I was just reading our conversations from earlier and didn't see whether you were running FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv3 or P3Dv4. Some are 32-bit and the latter is 64-bit. And therefore they use different files for the RFN gauge that gives the FLOLS and LRLS lights.

Based on what sim you are using double check everything on page 10 and 11 of the User Notes of the Final Cruises package. You will be better off using the new RFN gauge provided in the Final Cruises package for both versions you have. You'll even gain some features in the original.

Check all that out and let us know how it works.
Ok, I'll check that. I'm using FSX:SE. I'm not running the beta branch if it matters.
Last edited by CaptHunt on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:13 am

CaptHunt wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 am
Ok, I'll check that. I'm using FSX:SE. I'm not running the beta branch if it matters.
Ok. Then if you follow page 10 of the Final Cruises manual it should all work fine. And of course tell it FSX-SE during install. ;)

CaptHunt

Post by CaptHunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:19 am

I double checked, there was some difference in the code between the instructions the Final Cruises manual and the instructions that come with the RFN gauge, so I copied and pasted the code from the manual into a couple of aircraft. It still doesn't appear to be working.

I've attached my modified panel from the Acceleration F/A-18 in case you see something I missed.
panel.rar
(983Bytes)Downloaded 228 times

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:23 am

CaptHunt wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:19 am
I double checked, there was some difference in the code between the instructions the Final Cruises manual and the instructions that come with the RFN gauge, so I copied and pasted the code from the manual into a couple of aircraft. It still doesn't appear to be working.

I've attached my modified panel from the Acceleration F/A-18 in case you see something I missed.
panel.rar
I'll take a look.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:54 am

The panel.cfg you sent is fine. No issue there.

Checking on the FSX install versus the P3D install. Dealing with the GD installer that uninstalls the previous version each time. :evil:

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm not able to reproduce the issue -- not having FLOLS and LRLS.

So I would suggest the following since between the original Enterprise, the "Final Cruises" version, and the standalone RFN gauge you have three versions or level of functionality of the gauge. (I'm assuming here that you downloaded and installed the full RFN gauge from the RFN website)

I would remove the original gauge that came with the original Enterprise. It is v3.0 with not as many features and also used different frequencies for the ships.

Since (again assuming but not a bad idea anyway) you have the downloaded full version of the RFN gauge I would remove the one provided with the "Final Cruises" version. Or just install over the top of it.

Follow those instructions in the downloaded version for installation. (I maintain the English translation of their manual for them so I know the gauge inside and out.)

Then use the frequencies in the gauge manual to tune in the ships. Things should work. At least they are working on my system.

CaptHunt

Post by CaptHunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 pm

ok, I'll try that.