Steam FSX Addon not showing up in menu

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

HarryPSiebert
Steam FSX Addon not showing up in menu

Post by HarryPSiebert » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:03 am

pcaviator.com Order id: #259068 $35 > CVN-65 USS Enterprise 'Final Cruises'

I have a simple Dell Gaming laptop with FSX Steam Edition. FSX runs great.

I have installed the Enterprise addon program several times making sure it was directed to the FSX main directory.

While in-game flying my planes, no menus entry is available in the addon tab at the far right where it should be.

I have Sode and Accu-feel addons available but no mention of the needed addons for the Enterprise or destroyers.

I also have AIcarrier2 installed and have been using it to place generic carriers as well as the Nimitz.

So I am not a stranger to FSX and have been using it and installing add-ons since 2006 when I had the boxed version.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

Harry

fsafranek

Re: Steam FSX Addon not showing up in menu

Post by fsafranek » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi. Sorry I missed your question last night.
I have to run to work but will have a better look when I get back tonight.

In the meantime re-read page 24 of the manual. It deals with AI Carriers.
That is the sure fire way to get the carrier into the sim. If the ship/destroyers aren't listed in AI Carriers then AI Carriers isn't aware of them.
if it tries to display them but can't then they aren't in the right place. Look in Simobjects/Boats for folders named CVN65_Enterprise_Last_Cruises, VEH_DDG_Arleigh_Burke, and VEH_SH-60_Seahawk.

Also pages 13 and 14 to get the Configurator drop down menu item. It will be in the same place as the AI Carriers dropdown.
If it isn't seen them FSX isn't finding it where expected.

I'll have a look when I get back home but in the meantime please check on those items.

HarryPSiebert

Post by HarryPSiebert » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:13 am

Thanks for your reply.

"In the meantime re-read page 24 of the manual. It deals with AI Carriers."

----Aicarriers seems to work fine and is in the addon menu. The thing missing is the entry of the CVN-65 USS Enterprise 'Final Cruises'. This should not depend on aicarriers to appear.

"That is the sure fire way to get the carrier into the sim. If the ship/destroyers aren't listed in AI Carriers then AI Carriers isn't aware of them.
if it tries to display them but can't then they aren't in the right place. Look in Simobjects/Boats for folders named CVN65_Enterprise_Last_Cruises, VEH_DDG_Arleigh_Burke, and VEH_SH-60_Seahawk."

-----The Directories you mentioned are in the Boats folder.

Also pages 13 and 14 to get the Configurator drop down menu item. It will be in the same place as the AI Carriers dropdown.
If it isn't seen them FSX isn't finding it where expected.

-----No entries for the Configurator.

Harry

HarryPSiebert

Post by HarryPSiebert » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:57 am

I was forced to revise my last comment.

Harry

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 am

What forced you to revise? Something does work now?

In the "\Team SDB\_AI Carriers" folder of FSX you should find a file named "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg". That file needs to be copied to where AI Carriers reads cfg files.
Once that is in place restart FSX which should restart AI Carriers and the Enterprise and Destroyers will be listed. From there select one and drop it 1 mile ahead so you can see it.

If that fails (you'll get a red text on green background message across the top of the screen) go to "FSX\Simobjects\Boats" and look for folders named CVN65_Enterprise_Last_Cruises, VEH_DDG_Arleigh_Burke, and VEH_SH-60_Seahawk.
If those aren't there or are empty re-run the installer.

For the Configurator, first thing is to make sure the "SDB_Fleet_Conf32.dll" is in the \Gauges folder.
If that is true, keep File Manager open and highlight whatever is in the top path bar and overwrite it with %APPDATA%. You'll then be at yourname\AppData\Roaming.
Then navigate to "Microsoft" and "FSX". Find the "dll.xml" file and open it with Notepad.

Paste in the <Launch.Addon>... </Launch.Addon> section from the middle of page 13 just above the last line (</SimBase.Document>) of the dll.xml file. Save and close the file and File Manager.

Things should improve. Let me know how that all works out.
HarryPSiebert wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:57 am
I was forced to revise my last comment.

Harry

HarryPSiebert

Post by HarryPSiebert » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:39 am

You said that "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg" should be copied to the place where cfg file are read. I do not know were that is. Please let me know. ---Harry

"In the "\Team SDB\_AI Carriers" folder of FSX you should find a file named "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg". That file needs to be copied to where AI Carriers reads cfg files.
Once that is in place restart FSX which should restart AI Carriers and the Enterprise and Destroyers will be listed. From there select one and drop it 1 mile ahead so you can see it."

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 pm

You mentioned that you had AI Carriers installed. The cfg file I referred to on page 24 is for use with AI Carriers.

"A configuration file has been provided to add the Enterprise and Destroyer versions as well
as fleet formations to the selection list in AI Carriers. For Prepar3D v4 navigate in File
Explorer to the "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\CVN-65 USS Enterprise Final
Cruises\Team SDB\_AI Carriers" folder. Copy the "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg"
file to the "\conf.d" folder of the AI Carrier installation folder (default location is
"C:\Program Files\AICarriers" but yours may be different). "

HarryPSiebert wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:39 am
You said that "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg" should be copied to the place where cfg file are read. I do not know were that is. Please let me know. ---Harry

"In the "\Team SDB\_AI Carriers" folder of FSX you should find a file named "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg". That file needs to be copied to where AI Carriers reads cfg files.
Once that is in place restart FSX which should restart AI Carriers and the Enterprise and Destroyers will be listed. From there select one and drop it 1 mile ahead so you can see it."

HarryPSiebert

Post by HarryPSiebert » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:58 am

Copying "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg" to the AICarriers 2 installation directory in the conf.d directory with the other config files and restarting the simulator is what got it. The Enterprise is now an option in the add-ons menu in the simulator. Thanks.

C:\Program Files\AICarriers 2\conf.d <<

Harry

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:35 am

Glad to hear it is working for you.
HarryPSiebert wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:58 am
Copying "CVN65_Enterprise Final Cruises.cfg" to the AICarriers 2 installation directory in the conf.d directory with the other config files and restarting the simulator is what got it.
The Enterprise is now an option in the add-ons menu in the simulator. Thanks.

C:\Program Files\AICarriers 2\conf.d <<

Harry