CV-65 Enterprise X, carriers not moving

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

ebrowning
CV-65 Enterprise X, carriers not moving

Post by ebrowning » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:17 pm

I purchased and installed both CV-65 Enterprise X and CV-65 Final Cruises from pcaviator.com order # 251813 on 6/20/2020.
Using FSX Acceleration Windows 8.1. When I fly from an airport to one of the East Coast or West Coast carriers (from the CV-65 Enterprise X package) they are not moving through the water. I have the latest version of AI carriers.net, and the current RFN gauge installed and working fine. If I select a Saved Flight (provided in the package) the carriers are present and moving. The carriers from the Final Cruises package are working fine and moving. All Addon Scenery files are activated for each CV-65 package. AI carriers.xml has been updated with the current RFN carrier frequencies and I can locate the carriers without problem using RFN gauge. I'm not sure what else to check.

fsafranek

Re: CV-65 Enterprise X, carriers not moving

Post by fsafranek » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:06 am

Thanks for your purchase. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Did you activate the traffic scenery for each? The ships are not scenery objects but the traffic routes are.
It is the one bit of add-on scenery you have to activate within FSX.

For the Final Cruises package the activation instructions are on page 18 of that version's user manual.
For the original version it is on page 3.

Since both versions have some activity near NAS Oceana you will find both versions moving around nearby.
In the case of the Final Cruises version you will find four carrier/destroyer sets out there.
There's no method we have found to regulate ship traffic to particular days or dates to avoid duplication but hopefully they are far enough apart to not be too confusing.

Hope this helps.