What carrier?

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

nightowl4903
What carrier?

Post by nightowl4903 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 pm

I'm sure this is a great addon from all the reviews I've seen, but I am having two issues with it.
[ 1] The carrier is nowhere to be found.
[2] In the section of the manual about launches it says, "now that you are on the carrier, etc." but doesn't say how to get there. Did I just waste my money on another carrier that I cant board without landing on it, or am I just missing something?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fsafranek

Re: What carrier?

Post by fsafranek » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:42 am

nightowl4903 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 pm
I'm sure this is a great addon from all the reviews I've seen, but I am having two issues with it.
[ 1] The carrier is nowhere to be found.
[2] In the section of the manual about launches it says, "now that you are on the carrier, etc." but doesn't say how to get there. Did I just waste my money on another carrier that I cant board without landing on it, or am I just missing something?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
First of all which carrier package are you talking about? I'm going to reference pages in the manual so that is important to know.

Regardless or what version you'll need to register the traffic files in Scenery Library. The ship isn't considered scenery but the traffic files are.
You might also want to download and install AI Carrier program described in the Appendices. I think it's a great add-on.
And make sure you install the RFN Carrier gauge as described in the manual. That is used for a lot of features including placing your aircraft of the deck.

nightowl4903

Post by nightowl4903 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 pm

I apologize for the lack of complete info, I am refering to the Enterprise addon.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:48 am

nightowl4903 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 pm
I apologize for the lack of complete info, I am refering to the Enterprise addon.
Right. Which one? The original with F-14's or the "Final Cruises" version with F-18's?
Doesn't really matter other than referencing specific page numbers.
But see my previous post about using AI Carriers and the RFN Carrier gauge.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:47 pm

Although we install the version of the RFN Carrier Gauge that was available at the time of release of the Enterprise package it is best to use the latest version.
As of today it is version 5.3 and is available at the top of the page here: http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Gauges.htm

When installed or updated tune to gauge the particular Enterprise you are working with.
Once you've done that there will be a yellow on green text line across the top of the screen.
A feature of the gauge is the Go To (page 8 of the gauge manual). That will place your aircraft in one of four spots on the carrier deck.

nightowl4903

Post by nightowl4903 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:57 pm

Thank you for the information. I downloaded and installed the latest versioin of the gauge in my F-14 Tomcat. The problem I am having now is that after entering the correct frequency for the carrier, when I try the Go To or ctrl/f1 command the window that pops up says I have no carrier tuned and the box that identifies the carrier remains blank. All the info on the carrier is in the .xml . Do you think this might be a glitch or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:17 am

Sorry for no reply. I've been off line for a couple weeks.

What version of the ship are you trying connect to?
What package to start with? The original "CVN-65 Enterprise" or the "Final Cruises" package.
And then what year within that package and then the FS or RFN version.
If you tell me exactly which carrier you are tuned to (and what frequency) I'll check it out on my system.