USS Enterprise Prepar3dV2 I can not see carrier [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

checesar
USS Enterprise Prepar3dV2 I can not see carrier [Resolved]

Post by checesar » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 pm

I purchased Team SDB USS Enterprise today and I installed it in Prepar3 V2.
The installation went OK. The 2 sceneries are activated (Team SDB USS Enterprise East Coast and West Coast).
The CVN65_Enterprise folder is in the Boats Folder of SimObjects.
All saved flights show. "Ships and Ferries" are set to 15%
However, the Carriers do not show. Tried to restart the flight and still do not show.
What am I doing wrong? May be this product does not work with Prepar3d V2?
Can you help?
Thanks

mickeyd

Re: USS Enterprise Prepar3dV2 I can not see carrier

Post by mickeyd » Sat May 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi
One of our original P3D v1.4 testers has installed the carrier in P3D v2 and reports no problems. So we know it's OK. A saved flight will put you about 10 nm behind the carrier in Paused mode. The ship is often difficult to see at first so perhaps fly on that heading for a while and it should come into view.
You don't say if you ran the saved flights installer in the Team SDB folder in P3D v2 so I assume that you did if you see the flights.

Mike D
Team SDB

checesar

Post by checesar » Sat May 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Yes, I see all the saved flights. But for some reason the AI ships do not show.
Now, I installed the AICarrier program following the instructions of the User Manual Page 27 and the Carrier does show when I select it as directed in the manual.
So the problem seems to be only with the AI ship plans..

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:33 pm

We have never released a P3D v2 specific version nor tested that ourselves so will not make any claims that it is compatible. I'm checking with a couple testers from the original v1.4 release but it is the weekend so may not hear back until tomorrow.

AiCarriers is a separate program used to place the carrier out in front of you or to have it sail (drive? steam?) go to a specific location. It is not needed for the flights to work.

More when I have some info...

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 pm

The CVN65 Traffic files are essentially FSX Flight plans. If you have an FS9 Flight plan active anywhere on your system it can and often does stop ALL FSX flight plans from working. If you have one on your system either deactivate that folder or better still convert it to FSX format with AIFP2 available on most Freeware sites.

Mike D

checesar

Post by checesar » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Hello Mike,
I do not have any FS9 Flight plans.
Mine is Prepar3d fresh installation and the Flight plans are the ones that came with it.
Do you think of any other possibility?
Thanks, Cesar

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:51 am

Although they shouldn't be, sometimes saved flights are a roll of the dice. I have seen times when the flight will load but the ship(s) will not be there because of some timing issue has caused them to turn around early or they are waiting at the other end of the track for the hour to roll around. I've even found them 90-degrees to the side one time.

Using P3D v1.4 (don't have a copy of v2) this last weekend I loaded each flight and was able to find the ship (terribly small through the windscreen but much larger in a spot view looking forward) in front of my aircraft. They do work but I have in the past found that I had to reload the flight (load a different one and then come back) for things to line up.

This doesn't solve your problem but I hope it gives you some ideas.