Sdb wattisham [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

pedrodowd
Sdb wattisham [Closed]

Post by pedrodowd » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 am

Hi guys
I was wondering if you could help with this scenery for fsx. I have installed it and looks great. However whenever I move the view or the aircraft I get flashing textures around each building. It's as though the scenery is trying to update. I have tried disabling all the other scenery addons but this problem still persists. I have orbx global and also orbx England and on both these settings the buildings still flash. I did a bit of reading around and on some forums posters are saying this is a problem with fsx using scenery designed for fs9. Could you advise if I have done something wrong with the installation, or if it's a limitation with the scenery that I have to live with.
Many thanks for your help guys
Pete.

mickeyd

Re: Sdb wattisham

Post by mickeyd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Peter
The scenery you have was designed for FSX from the outset using XtoMDL for the objects, Wattisham has been on sale now for a few years and you are the first to bring this up. I think you may have put the finger on the cause when you mention OrbX. All our scenery is guaranteed to work in FSX as shipped Addons like OrbX have been known to cause many anomalies with many developer's products. Try disabling both OrbX sceneries in the scenery library. If that cures it and you still want to use OrbX you could try altering the priorities in the scenery library.