Snaith scenery and P3D [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

degeus
Snaith scenery and P3D [Closed]

Post by degeus » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello,
As I am a user of Prepar3D V2.4 I would like to know if your newly announcedscenery for Snaith is working in P3D? Otherwise it would be a pity of the money.
Reg.,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

mickeyd

Re: Snaith scenery and P3D

Post by mickeyd » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 am

As Snaith is developed and compiled for FSX it should work OK in P3D but we can't guarantee it will. The installer is aimed towards FSX so may need to be directed towards your P3D installation that's all. Hope that helps Piet.

MD

degeus

Post by degeus » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello,
Beeing made for FSX is no guarantee that it will work properly. I have the experience thast sometimes developers use very old objects that will still just work in FSX but no longer in P3D. Iw will install indeed and will show up, but possibly incomplete. I had this experience while conveeting from FSX to P3D.
So my suggestion is that you test it yourself in P3D and let me know.
I could install it myself as a test, but I cannot see wether or not it will be complete.
reg.,
Piet

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 pm

As Lockheed Martin did not feel the need to offer free updates to P3D V2 I didn't feel the need to buy an update and my copy of P3D V 1 is no longer working I can't test it. To be honest for the sake of one sale it isn't worth the trouble either. We develop for FSX for as long as that keeps going. ( Quite a while now I think now that Steam is marketing it).

So my suggestion to you would be to try it. As I said previously it should work OK, all our other scenery seems to do, but we offer no guarantee. The risk to you is small, just a few dollars. As there is little scenery available for P3D it may be a risk worth taking. You decide.

MickeyD
Team SDB

degeus

Post by degeus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Mickey,
The update from P3D to V2 was free. No extra charge.
Now I have the following suggestion:
Please send me some screenshots giving a good idea off all objects, hangars, tower, other buildings, trees etc.
Then I'll buy Snaith, install it and compare the pictures with what I've got.
When there are big missings, I'll let you know and you will refund the purchase.
When everything is satisfying I'll let you know and you can refer to my test in an announcement.
reg.,
Piet

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry but only the vendor ie the store where you bought it, can give a refund and I'm afraid it would not qualify for one as it clearly states it's for FSXA. Thanks but no thanks.

PS I'm sure you are wrong re. the upgrade to V2

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:55 pm

I just checked and RAF Station Snaith works fine in at least v1.4 of P3D. Don't know about v2+. It has to be installed to a temp folder and then with maybe one exception the resulting folders moved over to the root of P3D but the folder naming is the same so it is easy. Then just activate in the Scenery Library.

Hope this helps.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Well, I hope it worked.
The update from P3D to V2 was free. No extra charge.
Ok. If anyone can point me to a free (legal) update from P3Dv1.4 to P3Dv2.x I will upgrade and be better able to answer current P3D support questions. Since we haven't released a formal P3D title since the Enterprise, buying a new copy for something we don't create scenery for is an unnecessary expense.