RAF Snaith and Pocklington Airfields [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

mayday
RAF Snaith and Pocklington Airfields [Resolved]

Post by mayday » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:28 pm

I have dowloaded both but only get 3 static AI Halifax's at Snaith and none at Pocklington. Aircraft sliders are at 100% as recommended. There are a few vehicles and bomb trolleys but that is all. Have windows 8.1 Also what time settings get planes to land and take off? Have tried different seasons but nothing. What is Zulu?

DBushell

Re: RAF Snaith and Pocklington Airfields

Post by DBushell » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Zulu is the same as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). When the concept of time zones was introduced it was determined that Greenwich Mean Time would be the starting point, and so as you go around the world the time zones are increased or decreased from GMT time. Central Europe being +1 hour ahead of GMT, the States being -5 hours to -8 hours not including Alaska ;)

As for the scenery, someone from the SDB team will be on here soon to answer your question.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am

Mayday. Please PM me with your purchase details we can then address your problem. Thanks.

mayday

Post by mayday » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:21 pm

mickeyed - both were purchased as downloads from Simshak on 11/11/2014 under Order No. 19829 at a cost of 6 pounds.18 each.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Mayday

If you see traffic files in the Pocklington and Snaith scenery folders and #AI SDB H-P Halifax (51 Sqn RAF Snaith) and #AI SDB H-P Halifax (102 Sqn RAF Pocklington) in SimObjects/Airplanes then all has installed OK. You then need to check that your Airline Traffic is set to 100%. If all these check out OK then there is no reason why you shouldn't see the AI Halifax'. The main body of AI T/O at approx. 19:47 Zulu Pocklington and 18:59 Zulu Snaith.
At both airfields there is a Halifax doing TNGs until mission time approaches.
I have checked out both packages as OK today but I have Vista. I'll contact Frank to check out in Win 8.1 later. But I can assure you the packages were tested in Win 8.1 with no problems before release to the vendors.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:53 pm

I have run a test of the Snaith and Pocklington sceneries in FSX /Acceleration on my Win 8.1 machine. Going in at mid day to each base I was able to see the 10 AI aircraft parked at each base in addition to the single AI doing touch and goes.

After going to the base I selected from the drop down menu "Options -> Settings -> Display...". From there click the "Traffic" tab on the far right. My "Airline traffic density" was set at 100%. Since this is WWII era, to keep civilians from landing at the base I have "General aviation traffic density" set at 0%. To keep modern ground equipment from driving around the base I have "Airport vehicle density" set at "None".

I can adjust the number of parked AI aircraft by adjusting the Airline traffic density slider from between 50% to 100%. As long as I have at least 10% I will see the single AI aircraft flying around.

Hope this helps.

mayday

Post by mayday » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your help. All now OK. I stupidly did not put A1 Halifax into sim objects/aircraft properly. Could you possibly consider doing RAF Middleton St George from the same era?. I lived nearby as a lad and was later posted there after my apprentice training in 1957. Again many thanks.